Anyone else trying to lose a few Part II

Discussion in 'Dieting and Weight' started by StLGaL, Jul 17, 2007.

1. curcuma

curcuma New Member

FiFi I guarantee that when you lose the weight, you'll walk around and start thinking "Oh my god, when did everyone get so fat??" You're not a freak. [​IMG]
  2. D 4 A

D 4 A New Member

Hows everyone!!

WELL DONE ON WEIGHT LOSS EVERYONE!!! WOOO!!

Im down to 148lbs
    Goal weight 133lbs

Did 100 cals on treadmill today

Going to do another 100 cals this evening

Is that enough??

Im eating a tuna salad for lunch!

I cant calorie count its too hard, Im a low carb chick, never hungry and just have to stick to the right food groups! [​IMG]
  3. MyrtleWarbler

MyrtleWarbler Super Moderator Staff Member

I was on my college's gymnastics team... Division I, daily practice, travel... the whole enchilada. Great fun! A few lingering injury issues, but I wouldn't trade a minute of it for a normal ankle, even though I may still need surgery, lol! [​IMG]

My weight this morning is very unimpressive. Not up, not down, just there. The remote possibility that I could have gotten pregnant in the few days has me nearly panicking... but that's good. I have quite the healthy lunch packed today, lol!
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 24, 2013

4. MyrtleWarbler

Do you mean, the machine tells you that you're burning 100 calories? That isn't really much for a workout, but I think it's better to go by heartrate and the length of time that it is elevated, than to go by the machine calculations. Separate from doing some strength training, which builds muscle (the body's own calorie-burning machines). My fav workouts are the "curcuit" type that do both. Kickboxing these days, I also like Curves believe it or not. A treadmill alone will get you there, but you ought to get some dumbbells, add some variety, etc.

Tuna salad is a very smart lunch, assuming the tuna isn't mixed with a really fatty base, but rather a "light" mayo or something - the protein is great for you.
  5. maryberry1987

maryberry1987 New Member

Well, I have been doing terribly lately! I just haven't been working out, I've been vegetating, I don't know what the hell happened to me. I weighed myself yesterday and it's the same. Not up, not down, just this number staring at me as if to say "Wow fatty, your not doing too good". We're going to get our treadmill on Thursday at least... maybe when I get that I'll feel a little bit better!
  6. D 4 A

D 4 A New Member

Thanks MW cos Im not really sure whats good or bad in work outs. I did 100 cals on the resistance step machine, whilst doing dumbells. I NEED to do the weights for my insulin, it helps a LOT.

Planning to do this daily, weights and 200 cal jog/step. It was around 30 mins heavy sweat / heart rate pumping hard. Then I plan to walk daily too. Is that enough daily?

Protein power!!! [​IMG] HAIL LOW GI DIETS
  7. D 4 A

D 4 A New Member

Mary treadmill is addictive!
  8. D 4 A

D 4 A New Member

Exercise in the 2WW has really helped people with fertility problems. They say exercise during that time is extremely beneficial to implantation. A lot of women who couldnt get pregnant got pregnant this way.

I think its good for progesterone/estrogen ratio. We have so much synthetic estrogens around us these days, a good work out does the world of good.

When I was pregnant I was on a diet (I didnt know I was preggers) and I wasnt losing, gaining 2lbs a week!
  9. curcuma

curcuma New Member

Yah, 100 calories is not very much. But if you're doing 30 minutes of hard cardio, you're definitely burning more than 100 calories!! I think the rule is that you have to do at least 20 minutes of cardio to get to the fat-burning zone, and then you should do at least 10 beyond that, 20 is better.

I have gained since the honeymoon. Annoying!! But I have been sitting around eating jellybeans as I catch up on everything, and not working out at all, so it's not such a huge surprise.

So, once again, I have 15 pounds to lose. Grrr.
  10. D 4 A

D 4 A New Member

Cur it said 200 cals for 30 mins of step resistance. On top of that I was pumping small weights, the machine didnt calculate the weights lol.

Does it matter if you break up the workout?
  11. curcuma

curcuma New Member

Yeah it does matter if you break it up. Otherwise you have to start all over again... or at least that's the way I was taught. There is probably more than one way to skin a cat.
  12. D 4 A

D 4 A New Member

Damn...Because I get tired ya kna [​IMG]
  13. why

why New Member

I am with ya girl!! BUT I have noticed eating smaller portions your body gets used to it and like your free day you can eat what you want...I am STUFFED after a couple bites...
    As for getting through the week on the smaller portion of foods, you have to drink 2 glasses of water with every meal, I have also noticed since I am eating every 2 hrs by the time I am hungry (2hrs) it is time to eat again. Also eating slow helps.

I will tell ya I can eat even when I am not hungry I love to cook so this is very hard for me and I love the taste of the food so much I will eat even though I am stuffed....just a mountain you will have to climb and trust me you WILL get over it :)
  14. why

why New Member

So for my excersise when I do cardio I do 20min every other day. The way I was tought is go by a intensity scale...
    5=warm up
    6=heart is begining to pump
    7=a little faster maybe a little sweat
    8=faster maybe a slow jog
    9= fastest you can go

So you do this intensity thing for 20min. Right now I do it 3 times...5for 2 min,6 for 1min, 7 1min, 8 1min,9 1min then back to 6 exc. You can tweak it as needed. Then at min 17 do a level 10 then 19,20 cool down.

On my weight training days (opposite cardio days) I do a 10 min cardio the intensity scale 2 min at each level....
    then either upper body or lower.

You have to do weight training if you want to see a differenc ein your body shape. I have seen too many people doing aerobics, or tredmill and have the same body shape as when they started, the book tells me you start off a pear shape if you dont weight train you end up a smaller pear shape.....
  15. desertgirl

desertgirl New Member

Oh, how fun, I would have never guessed you were a gymnast! I was a gymnast till I was almost 17. At that point, I had to decide what my future was going to be--was I good enough to keep doing it for college or not? Well, I wasn't, and that fact wasn't so nice to deal with after training all of those years, but I had alot of fun, and I had a great base for all the other sports I tried. Yikes, your poor body!! My biggest issue from that era is my back, shoulders and hips (and my wee pinkie toes are a disaster)--I can't imagine seriously training into my 20's!!
  16. D 4 A

D 4 A New Member

I love pear shape! i think its the most feminine body shape [​IMG] [​IMG]

17. desertgirl

desertgirl New Member

I'm so glad everyone is here--I don't feel alone in this!!

Err, I'm having trouble doing multiple quotes, but as far as breaking up the exercise...I've been reading that it's okay to break it up. For example, a 20-minute workout at lunch and a 20-minute workout in the evening instead of one 40-minute workout--I think I just read that in this month's Fitness mag.
  18. MyrtleWarbler

If you could see me, you might have guessed. People often do, even though my short muscular body is now layered with a bit more fat than I'd like, lol! You can still see it in my legs and my arms. I have a back problem that is partly genetic and partly due to the sport, which didn't flare up till I was done, and may haunt me later... I had a bad ankle "sprain" my last year of high school that was never treated well... always had to tape it, etc, but it didn't slow me down even at the college level. Just a few months ago it started acting up bad - locking, sharp pains, etc. Got an MRI and turns out there is a very old fracture that never healed (one often mistaken for a sprain). A small bit of bone that never re-attached has started going on adventures inside my foot, periodically causing the lock-ups and sharp pains (but at other times, nothing at all, I can even still tumble quite a bit!). If it keeps it up, the best thing is surgery to pluck that bone bit out, but only once really necessary.

Yes, when I hit my early 20's, my body said..."OK, that was fun. Now stop." [​IMG] But even over age 30 I can still do enough tricks to impress most people, lol. I call them my "party tricks"... and they are like a litmus test... once I can't do them anymore, I'm officially a has-been!

SORRY for the off-topic diversion... I've never really talked about that topic here, and that was kinda fun.

Breakfast was cottage cheese and canteloupe... Lunch is leftover grilled chicken w/ peppers & onions in one of those awesome "Flat Out Bread" wraps (low carb, high fiber, added omega, etc). In the afternoon, I'll munch on yogurt and an apple before kickboxing. Good day.
  19. MyrtleWarbler

Breaking up a workout is better than nothing. People often use the excuse of not having a big chunk of time, so they don't do it at all. Better 10-15 minutes here and there, than nothing. But ideally, to burn fat, you have to get your heart rate up and sustain it there for 15-20 minutes. Shorter durations just use up your body's immediate energy stores - still better than those stores getting, um, permanantely stored. But doesn't make as much dent in the excess already stored! And as why said, you really gotta build muscle (though there are many ways to do that). There are lots of ways to exercise successfully, you just have to match the style up with your goals.... weight loss, strength gain, endurance building/training, maintenance, etc.
  20. BethG

BethG New Member

mary, you've been under a lot of stress lately so don't be too hard on yourself! Baby/that horrible job/wedding...geez, that's enough on anyone's plate!