AWH gathering.....

Discussion in 'Beyond Women's Health' started by Tempting Toffee, May 31, 2008.

1. Tempting Toffee

Tempting Toffee Active Member

As much as it may be EXTREMELY unlikley and unrealistic, wouldn't a meet up be great?!

Other forums have done so!

There are the major problems of finding the right location, cost and time!

Lets all crash at Juls and MNM's [​IMG]

sssssshhhhhh no body tell....

xxxx
  2. Guest

Guest Guest

um....ok...I am afraid I might be dissapointed.Meeting people in person is often not the same as chatting online with them...not that I have met many people in real life from online LOL!Aw shoot,lets do it,maybe we have a partaaaaaaaaaaay?LOL
  3. Tempting Toffee

hahahaha yep [​IMG]

I don't know really. I've met a couple of people offline (was gonna do band stuff a few years back) and for the most part it's just over coming shyness. I met d4a and she's lovely!
  4. Guest

Guest Guest

no she's not,she's smelly!LOL
  5. Tempting Toffee

Yeah, apart from the fact I was forced to wear a gas mask...she was nice [​IMG] hehehe

6. MNM

MNM New Member

Sneak off my ass....bettr be ready for a show!!...lol

I'd be up for it, god knows I've got the room for a "gathering".
  7. Tempting Toffee

lol your place it is! hehe.

Or Norah's [​IMG] she won't mind
  8. GreenTea

GreenTea Super Moderator Staff Member

Let's see... since we have members from all over the world, what would be the most convenient location?
  9. Tempting Toffee

Firstly, who would actually be up for it?

Count me in [​IMG]
  10. GreenTea

If it's at Juls and MNM's, I live close enough to go.... but I don't think I could make it to Greece!
  11. ChooseToBe

ChooseToBe New Member

You think I'd actually admit to knowing any of you perverts?
  12. GreenTea

We don't even have to tell each other our real names, just use the screen names... so if anyone asks if you know (so-and-so's real name), you can truthfully say no!

Reminds me of my time as an outdoor education instructor. It's a tradition in many of those programs for the staff to use nature names (plant, animal, or mineral) and to call each other by those names all the time, with and without the kids present. It was lots of fun when we went camping on our days off, and hung out with people from the next campsite... the looks on their faces when they heard what we were calling each other....
  13. Guest

Guest Guest

Well, I certainly don't mind booking a hotel for all of you somewhere in Greece. But it is kinda far away for the majority of the members here.

And, unfortunately, I can't come to the US.
    If I could, I'd already be there..believe me.
    For different reasons, but I wouldn't mind a party with you all.

[​IMG]
  14. demon-dolly

demon-dolly New Member

I would love to go to an AWH party!!

Chances are, no matter what location is picked, it will be too expensive for me to attend.
  15. MNM

MNM New Member

Well the plan is for me to win the lottery and fund the event by flying everyone over and or picking them up on my humongous yacht. Then it will all be paid for....

16. Jessucka

Jessucka New Member

We could try to form different meetings places for different areas. East Coast and West Coast meeting for us in the US.

(Sorry, I dont really know where anyone else if from. Other than Canada and Greece).

Ofcourse everyone would be invited to all locations, but it'd be more for convience.

Just some thoughts..

But what about those who don't share with their loved one's that they come to this site. Like HQ. Her husband doesnt even know about this site, does he? And some of the men on here don't share this with their wives, do they?
  17. GreenTea

We've got people from Australia and Britain, too. And France, I think? Probably a few other farther flung locations as well.
  18. incognito

incognito New Member

Well let's see I will be in several places this summer - Boston, NY, Seattle, Denver, Atlanta, Washington DC. London in the Fall. Orlando in the winter. [​IMG]
  19. New_Explorer

New_Explorer New Member

yes, but you'll be incognito, so how will we know it's you? [​IMG]
  20. New_Explorer

New_Explorer New Member

well my husband was talking about a mediterranean cruise this summer, so maybe I could attend a gathering in Greece, except I'd have to bring my husband and wouldn't he be surprised by everything he'd learn at such a gathering! Okay, that idea is no good.

I would *LOVE* to have an excuse to get out to california. My girlfriend and I are talking about taking a road trip this summer ... late july, maybe ... to CA. I have an ulterior motive, of course, and would spend some time in the San Francisco area, but swinging down to the San Diego area wouldn't be out of the question.

I've met quite a few online friends over the years. It's really weird for the first hour or so, putting these strange faces and bodies together with their online personas, but then it just becomes like your typical average party. Everyone's a bit curious, everyone's open minded, everyone's friendly, everyone's just a little bit weirder than you expected. Everyone is a little bit uglier than you imagined, at first, but then they turn normal again.

Wouldn't it be weird, though, considering everything we talk about? Wouldn't there be temptation to engage in group sex or something? [​IMG]