"Bachelor" party

Discussion in 'Relationships' started by Absy, Oct 20, 2008.

1. Absy

Absy New Member

Well, I'm trying to figure out what special/fun thing I could do to make the grooms night more special!

I put it in quotations because this isn't going to be your typical party at ALL-- first, as you may have noticed, it's a mix of his close friends which are men and women.

He's not the typical guy so there isn't going to be strippers or anything like that...basically, it's just going to be a small gathering of this Saturday night and we're going to drink a ton, go out to a nice dinner in the city, drink some more, and generally just hang out together since we all haven't seen each other in a looong while!

My friend, D, is even closer friends with the groom and is putting together this little shindig-- she's the one who picked the date, emailed everyone, made the dinner resevations, inviting everyone to her apt. to drink and stay over- etc etc...pretty much has the reigns..not to mention she'll be helping out at the wedding.

Because I live a ways away [2 hr 30mins] I feel like a total LOSER that I haven't actively been in the loop/helping out. I told D I would be happy to bring breakfast for the next morning, or booze, and help her run errands-- I also plan on bringing her a "thanks for setting this all up"/hostess gift.

BUT-- I'd like to plan something myself a little special for the night ontop of everything she's done...nothing too crazy but something that will fit into out eating and drinking and merriment binging. LOL. I really need suggestions because I'm stumped! I thought maybe I'd bring champagne but that seems a little ho-hum boring and uninspired...I want SPECIAL! Any ideas???
  2. MNM

MNM New Member

3 Strippers and a dark room and baby oil? Damm you said no strippers below... [​IMG]

As for booze, Makers Mark is always my first choice....Recently I had the pleasure of sampling some 21 year aged "Jameson's" Irish whiskey...IT WAS GOOOOODDDDD!!!!

I'm a little stumped though hun, it's a bachelor party...lol...It's been 15 years since I had mine but we won't talk about that one... [​IMG]

The idea isn't all sweet and romantic but a "pimp and hoe" party is usually a blast to have with friends...Or have a 70's night type of party, you know big hair and Afro's.....Shrugs, I'm stumped too...
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 8, 2013
  3. Absy

Absy New Member

LOL MNM...If I had it my way I would totally get him strippers! hehe

Buuuut- you may be on to something. Maybe simply a really nice bottle of something that I could give him or that we could crack into at the party and all enjoy....he does love his whiskey!

4. StLGaL

StLGaL New Member

If he likes Whiskey you could get him a bottle of Jack Daniels Single Barrel, its like 42 bucks usually..my DH LOVES it, I got him a bottle last year for Xmas that came with 2 glasses, its not the type you want to mix, you just sip straight....I wouldnt touch the stuff but its one of his fav's. He said its nice nad smooth lol
  5. MNM

MNM New Member

Oh I almost forgot about the single barrel...It is rather tasty...