Cloth Diapering - Part 4

Discussion in 'Babies & Toddlers' started by gutterflower, Dec 10, 2011.

1. BunnyGirl19

BunnyGirl19 Super Moderator Staff Member

Woo-hoo! I just won 12 Lil Joey diapers! [​IMG]
  2. labby06

labby06 Active Member

HAHA! The clogged toilet. So glad I'm not the only one with that problem! Even now that Olivia is pooping in the potty they are so big sometimes that she clogs it! It amazes me! I used to really have a hard time when she was wearing diapers to day care. If the younger girls there changed her they wouldn't plop out the poops and would just roll them up and throw them in the wet bag so I always had nice surprises when we got home. After sitting and drying up a bit those used to really clog it. I guess the sprayer would work, but I'd worry about it flying everywhere. Sorry I don't have much advice. I'm just happy to hear that I'm not the only one it happens to, lol!
  3. HWG#2

HWG#2 New Member

How did you win them, BG?

Damn-is it crazy that I am envious of your guys' solid poop issues? James still has VERY soft poop which requires scraping w/ TP and lots of toilet dunking. I would take toilet-clogging solid poo any day!
  4. BunnyGirl19

A local boutique had a contest so I entered. I figured I'd never win because I never win anything, but I did! I requested gender neutral, so I'm hoping for the bright crayon colors they have.
  5. iampam

iampam Active Member

Lucky BG!

Glad I'm not the only one too haha.

It is nice that they come off the diapers pretty easily.

6. Confused-Hasya

Confused-Hasya New Member

BG, are you still on that blood thinner you were on with RG?

Sorry, off-topic!
  7. BunnyGirl19

Yep, still on the Lovenox and aspirin.
  8. BunnyGirl19

The diapers I won.

[​IMG]
  9. iampam

iampam Active Member

SO cute! I am super jealous [​IMG] I have covers in the whale print and the baby kangaroo one, they are very cute.
  10. BunnyGirl19

I love the gumball one and the fire truck, but I think what I got is more boy than gender neutral. LOL
  11. Confused-Hasya

Confused-Hasya New Member

12. desertgirl

desertgirl Active Member

Really? I was just going to say they looked like the perfect gender neutral batch of diapers! That's so great that you won them! Lil Joeys are cute enough to make me want to diaper another newborn.

I have the whale one size, and while I loved the diaper, it was part of the bad tpu batch. The company made it so onerous to return the dang diaper that I never got around to it...thought maybe I could use it as a swim diaper, but P didn't need a swim diaper last summer.
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 24, 2013
  13. labby06

labby06 Active Member

I thought it was pretty gender neutral too! Being that I am from a firefighter family my girls have worn lots of things with fire trucks on them, lol! I can remember going to fireman's expos with my dad as a kid and getting girly firefighter stuff, and that was back in the early 80's!

I'm still hating disposables more than ever. Twice last week I threw on a disposable to try to use them up since the size 1's are getting small and both times we had major poop blowout! I just don't get how she completely blows out of those, but doesn't blow out of the flats/flip combo. Even with the origami fold they don't get tight around her legs and the flip cover isn't all that tight around her legs either. But they still manage to contain the liquid BF poop somehow!
  14. BunnyGirl19

The firetrucks and the whale one seemed more boy than neutral to me. I guess I was probably just expecting more primary color stuff.
  15. iampam

iampam Active Member

I think the lot is a little more boyish than gender neutral, but I would put any of those on a girl! Of course I also put Eddie in a pink diaper, and lavender with daisies, so maybe I'm not the best judge of such things [​IMG]

I am in Seattle for the weekend. A local consignment shop posted on Craigslist that they had a ton of cloth diapers, so I checked it out. They do... although most of them were super crappy. Lots of older style covers. I did pick up 3 BumGenius fitteds for about $6 each, and a very worn BumGenius cover for $5. I have plenty of covers, but this was a one-size cover, and I could use more covers in smaller sizes.

16. labby06

labby06 Active Member

So I can now officially say it - I ****HATE**** side snapping diapers!!! I have 2 BabyKicks that I got free from KC. They weren't my favorite with Olivia, but I didn't mind them so much. I just think they are harder to get on. Well, with liquid BF baby poop they are AWFUL!!! Either that or my kid poops like no other! Every time Caitlin has had one on and pooped it has turned into a huge mess because it goes up the front a bit and gets all over the tabs. That makes it pretty much impossible to get off without getting poop all over everything because she squirms so much. I also hate stuffing them because they stuff from the front and it is such a pain to get the insert in it and flattened out. So yeah, they are now going to be "emergency only" diapers because I'm sick of the huge poop mess!
  17. BunnyGirl19

I like side snapping diapers like Peachy Green and Swaddlebees Simplex (or mine). I never have that poop problem but no EBF here. Side snapping diapers tend to fit more trim. I hate pretty much any pocket diaper though. Yuck! Love AI2 style.
  18. labby06

labby06 Active Member

I don't really mind pockets, I just think we have better luck with the AI2 when it comes to leaks. The BabyKicks are the only pockets I really have anymore. The pockets I made I'm now just using as a cover over the flats.

I don't really think the side snaps are any less bulky than a regular style diaper. I think it gives sort of an optical illusion since the front of the diaper is more smooth, but there's just as much fabric there, it's just a matter of whether it fastens on top or underneath. The most trim diaper I have used is still the flat with a Flip cover. Even when I double it up for overnight it is still one of the most trim I have used.

My ammonia stink is returning. It then dawned on me that I haven't done a sanitary cycle in a while. I guess that is really what is helping keep the stink away! I think I need to use disposables for a few hours and wash ALL the diapers on sanitary since I think some may get missed when I just wash the dirty ones.
  19. BunnyGirl19

Flats are super trim! Side snapping goes on easier and looks less bulky under like leggings and knit pants, so looks neater and more trim at least. I know the same materials are in them. I love Gymboree clothes, but at least in the newborn sizes the waist is so darn tight on them I can barely fit them over a sposie and RJ is super skinny, so I much preferred side snapping under them (their pants are better now that he's in bigger sizes).

Someone bought me a Cocalo Perfect Bum from BRU to try (the denim look one with pockets and belt loops on the butt). It seemed to work decently and not leak at his scheduled 2-hour change mark. It did suck for spraying out poop though. It came off the trifold great, but all the poop seemed to stick on the nylon stuff from the snail shell and leg gussets. The fit was decent (he was wearing a medium) but at the front waist it fit a but too gappy for my liking and I couldn't fix it because of the stiffness from the velcro. It was fine under a onesie, but otherwise RJ would stick his hands down in there and giggle. LOL
  20. iampam

iampam Active Member

LOL at RJ sticking his hands down there, that is too cute [​IMG] It's always too cold to leave Eddie in just a diaper for very long, and he's always in a onesie or one-piece jammies, so he hasn't figured out how to stick his hands in his diaper yet. Hoping to keep it that way!

My MIL's washer has a sanitary cycle and we're going up there this weekend. I am thinking of running all of his Tutto/Bonnibuns inserts and the misc. fitteds through a cycle, as our ammonia problems are worsening. The washer in the house we are in now just does not get very hot on the wash cycle. I was all excited because it's an old-fashioned top-loader, but the diapers aren't getting any cleaner. I'm not sure it's agitating enough, and it's definitely not getting hot enough.

Will the sanitary cycle ruin the suedecloth and bamboo? Will it ruin the elastic in the fitteds? Maybe I will do a sanitary cycle with baking soda!