Diet pills that really work ???

Discussion in 'Women's Health' started by StLGaL, Feb 4, 2006.

1. StillSounds

StillSounds New Member

Re: Diet pills that really work ???

I've taken everything. Ephedra, Phentermine, non-ephedra diet pills, and the ephedra for asthma.

The problem with taking the kind for asthma is it is intended for asthmatic people. It filled my lungs with mucus and I felt compelled to cough all of the time, resulting in effecting my exercise program. I wasn't on it long enough to notice if I lost weight or if surpressed my appetite but I don't think there was a difference.

With non-ephedra diet pills I have thought them to sort of work, until you build up a tollerance then the results begin to plateu.

Phentermine, which I am currently taking and have taken before I believe works quite well. However I exercise 6 days a week, so I don't know how well it works without it. I just know that it motivates and energizes me, probably because it is an anphetimine. But I have lost 25 pounds using it previously, with diet and exercise.

Ephedra, which as I stated before just got put back on the market this month(April 2006), so look for it. It works wonderfully. Taking it before the ban I lost 40 pounds in about a year, with diet and exercise.

So my advice stay away from that Vaspo ephedra, or whatever asthma relieving ephedra pills you choose and look into Phentermine or ephedra diet pills if you can handle them, because they are the most effective.

But effects can be temporary, so really the best advice is get in the habit of portion control and being more active and you will see maybe n ot instant results, but lifetime ones definatly.
  2. StLGaL

StLGaL New Member

I was reading online that the ban was lifted last year in April..hmm
  3. feelinggood

feelinggood New Member

unfortunatly the ban has not been lifted in Ca. no one will ship diet ephedra here.
  4. StLGaL

StLGaL New Member

That sucks.... [​IMG]
  5. Juicy-Juls

Juicy-Juls New Member

Has anyone tried Hydroxycut? If you exercise and take it, it works awesome...It is a fat burner, not an appetite suppressant. You can also get it anywhere. Walmart, gnc etc..

6. feymay

feymay New Member

Hey StLGal,
    So what do you think of Metabothin? I'm on the fence with buying it.was a huge fan of Metabolife (it really work for me) but since the ban (and tons of stress and a new husband that loves to cook rich meals) I've lapsed.
    Would really like to hear what you think about it.
    Rightnow I'm trying Fahenheit. Works better then the other items I've tried. However, when I do eat at the end of the day I feel like I have to totally re-fuel my body. Not a great diet plan. haha
  7. feelinggood

feelinggood New Member

I've been doing the ephedra for asthma and have had no problems with mucus. My girlfriends a smoker and says it actually makes her breath better. I don't notice any change at all. I did loes 7lbs in a week and half though!! It gave my metab. the boost it needed!! It's nice because 1 bottle only costs $9.00 instead of $50.00!
  8. StLGaL

StLGaL New Member

Well I havent really noticed much change yet..but I havent been going to the gym on a reg basis like I need to. Im wondering if I should take more than the 1 per day it says..maybe like 2. Because other epehdra products Ive taken always was like 2-3 a day and this is only 1 so Im wondering if the package says 1 so they can market it as being safe ya know...b/c its only like 10 mg of Ephedra Alkaloids and 40 mg of caffine...so who knows
  9. feelinggood

feelinggood New Member

The ban was lifted only if the pills were made 10mg a day! The old metablife was 12mg each pill and I used to take 2! twice a day. So I'm taking the 25mg epedra for asthma with a cup of coffee or a 200mg caffiene pill. Ya just got to know how to work it!
  10. StLGaL

StLGaL New Member

yeah I think Im going to start taking 2 a day..my bf is already not happy with me that Im taking this at all...I wont tell him Im uping the dosage..lol
  11. feymay

feymay New Member

tell me about it. My hubby saw the farheniet comercial and said "absoultley not!" Had no heart so tell him I was half way through a bottle.
    [​IMG]
  12. StLGaL

StLGaL New Member

Well as for the Metabothin...I've been eating not so great the past 2 weeks and I haven't gained anything..I havent lost either but maintained. I havent been to the gym in about 2 weeks either, so maybe it really is working.
  13. feelinggood

feelinggood New Member

Did you up your dose or are you still taking the one pill? I've been pushing it a bit too this week, but I'm still loseing, yea! I've noticed I just don't have an appetite. I love ephedra!
  14. StLGaL

StLGaL New Member

No, Ive still just been taking the one pill..but I think sometime this week or so Im going to up it to 2 a day..if I feel to jittery though Im going to go back to the 1 b/c I hate that feeling.
  15. feelinggood

feelinggood New Member

if you take one in the am and wait untill around 2 to take the other you should be fine.

16. StLGaL

StLGaL New Member

Ok thanks... I will try that
  17. StLGaL

StLGaL New Member

Well I dont think the Metabothin works b.c I havent lost anything.
  18. SM02

SM02 New Member

I've lost crazy amounts of weight on phentermine. If anyone wants to try it, go to your doc. It works whether you exercise or not (but more so if you do).

I'm large-framed and I can gain/lose a ton overnight. Because of BCP and Prozac, I had gained 45 lbs. Did phen with a diet the doc gave me, lost 25 lbs 1 month, 15 the next, 7 the next. When he asked to check my progress (looking under my shirt, lmao--funny because he's very old), he gasped and said, "OK nothing left to lose or you will be underweight". So, I feel satisfied with it. Although now I wish I still had some because I loved it to the point of dependency. That's one thing you gotta look out for.

It works by completely obliterating your appetite (even if you have a voracious one, such as myself). It also gives you the energy to accomplish anything. I remodeled my house all by myself. But some people complain about queazyness and palpitations. Everyone is different. As for me, it made me have an overall feeling of "well-being", better than the Prozac ever could.

I've tried other stuff. Most of it is just a bunch of caffeine and herbs *yawn*. But I guess they can work for some people.

I also have a few bottles of the 25mg ephedra. I didn't feel like it worked. Kinda felt queazy-ish. I didn't like the nausea. Plus my appetite was just as bad. I'm giving it to my aunt, who is in love with ephedra.

I'm not trying to vouch on behalf of drugs. I was very young when my doc started pushing the drugs, and I wasn't one to argue! The reason he pushed the speed was because I honest-to-god was jogging 5 miles every morning and eating salads (maybe a few slip-ups here and there) and I was still gaining, which in turn was making my depression worse. How can you look at an active 19 yr old girl and tell her that you wont give her something to help get the weight down when it was your drugs that started it? Especially when she is so sad that she is crying her eyes out during the visit?

So there you have my votes:

FIRST AND FOREMOST: lifestyle changes. Less booze, less food, more movement.

If that doesn't work:

Non-prescription ephedra (for most people I know)

And my one love, phentermine [​IMG] ~

Hope this helps in any way that it can, even if it's only vouching for the fact that diet and exercise sometimes aren't enough. Sorry to hear of anyone on a plateau, as I know how completely horrible it feels! To be deprived of certain foods, and working out, and still staying the same weight. Find the ideal weight for yourself and achieve!!!

Best wishes,
    sm
  19. StillSounds

StillSounds New Member

It is not true that ephedra cannot be sold in Ca. It was put back on the market this year with a universal limit of how much can be put in the pills. Since the lift on the ban drug companies are starting to make new products, they are avalible online already and should be in stores by summer. I couldn't find an article on it but have talked to a few personal trainers as well as supplement store people and all have said the ban was lifted.

Here is an example of a place that sells it.

http://www.ephedramax300.com/faq.php?ID=affil01

I wouldn't recomend buying from them unless you are desperate because as time passes it will become more afordable when it is in stores, probably around 40-50 dollars for a 100 pill bottle.

Phentermine however can be bought at an affordable price over the internet if you don't want to go through a Dr. when filling out the paper work however you need to, if you're not, state that you are extreemly overweight. They will not prescribe the pills to someone who is 130 pounds. This site is a really good deal.

http://bestbuyphentermine.com/
  20. SM02

SM02 New Member

stillsounds? are we juggling phen topics or what? lol

it is still pretty pricey on that site. i used to get the generic with my insurance it was about $14 a month!!! i miss them, i really got a lot done!

for ephedra that costs about $7 a bottle, try superb-weight-loss.com

best wishes,
    sm