for mums 2 b, or those with kids already

Discussion in 'Pregnancy' started by malibu, Sep 4, 2006.

1. malibu

malibu New Member

for mums 2 b, or those with kids already

hey i was just wondering roughly when does the baby start to kick ? it just would be nice to feel it think it will be reasurring as well because sometimes i worry that something might be wrong.

hopefully when i go 2 to widwife on the 8th i should get to hear the babys heart beat havnt heard it yet im 14weeks, any way if any1 could tell me roughly when they experienced there baby kicks would be great
  2. Guest

Guest Guest

Re: for mums 2 b, or those with kids already

I have heard that it is usually anytime after 16 weeks, so you haven't got long to go x
  3. malibu

malibu New Member

hi thanks for the quick reply lol thats god to know id just like a little indication now and again to put my mind at rest xx
  4. Guest

Guest Guest

5. china

china New Member

Hi Malibu, I'm nearly 22 weeks now and I first felt my baby kick at 16 1/2 weeks, just felt like light tapping on one side! It is lovely, now the baby makes me laugh, I just lye down and watch my tummy moving and my husband can feel it too, its the best thing in the world.
    You'll feel it to begin with when your sitting or lying quietly. When you go to bed at night lye flat and try and concentrate, it'll probably be a couple of weeks yet though before you'll feel anything. xxx

6. malibu

malibu New Member

guineapig - thanks i will take a look at them in afew mins

hi china!! aww sounds lovely i cant wait, wow 22 weeks ay ? not long to go now, you all prepared ? good luck with the rest of ur pregnancy xxx
  7. NewMom

NewMom New Member

I am 28 weeks now and felt the first movements at around 18 weeks.
  8. Mum of jj

Mum of jj New Member

Hey Gals, Im still trying for another bub but when i was preg with my son i heard his heart at 12 weeks and felt his movement at 16wks. Like you china, i use to lay and watch me belly move it was awesome aye!!! It looked like a little golf ball under my skin movin around! It seems in all countries the care is different, just from what ive read on other posts, we dont go through doc, or gyno, i went strait to midwife and never even had an obstritition (sori 4 spelling,) we just in a little town with nothin, you cant even get an epidural here Lol, if you want one of those you gotta go an hour and a half away! Hope evryones pregnancy going well, i co for scan tomorrow to find out what my insides are doing and hopefully everything normal! XOXOX Send me babydust i need it!!!
  9. china

china New Member

Hi mum of jj - Same here!! you can't get an epidural here either you have to go 1/2 hour away!! And I havn't seen a doc either just a midwife, which I think is great, doctors make me nervous!!!
    Anyway sending babydust as I write! [​IMG]
  10. Mum of jj

Mum of jj New Member

Thanks china, just got back from ultrasound, my bladder wasnt full enough so they had to do internal camera way but wouldnt tell me anything, have to wait a week to find out from doc, i would do drugfree next time i think it makes it all worth while but thats my personal opinion i mean its a few hours out of my entire life and look at what you get at the end of it. Midwifes are the way to go, hows your belly growin, is your bub movin heaps? i founf they like to move when you get into bed for the night!!!
  11. china

china New Member

Sorry they wouldn't tell you anything, its horrible having to wait a week!
    Belly is growing nicely thanks, and baby is moving about loads, as you say especially at night! I love it!!!
  12. Mum of jj

Mum of jj New Member

when i was pregnant with my son he was engaged at 29 weeks and i use to pat his bum as it was at the top of my bump, after he was born that use to put him to sleep, so did the two songs i thrashed during my 9 months, its amazing what they do hear inside you. My little man turned 1 last tuesday it has been the fastest year of my life!! He is nearly walking and getting into everything, he is pulling himself up to the computer as i speak trying to touch the keys. Its so fun but i do miss him as a baby, i quite often watch the video of him being born and that first week in the maternity home and look at the size of him he was tiny now he all grown up with a mop of hair thats been cut twce!!!!!!!!!!! China you are gona have so much fun hun and i cant wait til you write and say he/she is here. Goodluck to all you other mums to be its the most rewarding and precious thing you will ever do. xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo