'Friendship' rant!!!

Discussion in 'Relationships' started by Tempting Toffee, Aug 10, 2008.

1. Tempting Toffee

Tempting Toffee Active Member

Arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

A 'friend' in my group is such a hypacrit. She never makes an effort to see us all, and then complains we ignore her etc. She ALWAYS talks about her, and doesn't give a SH*T about anyone else. She is pissing me off big style. She's the sort of person who would play the victim if you confronted her.

Just wanna slap her, if I'm honest.
  2. demon-dolly

demon-dolly New Member

Sometimes you need to examine such friendships, and decide if they are indeed, a friendship at all.

I have had friends like this, I eventually lose contact with them.
  3. Tempting Toffee

Myself and my actual friends are all trustworthy people, if she does show the smallest amount of attention, we fall for it and think she's changed. I'm just not gonna make the effort at all now. She can swim in her own sh*t.
  4. rylee mack

rylee mack New Member

I've had friends like this. Some people just have this constant need to be catered to. I call them "high-maintenance" friends. They are the kind who I could go out to dinner with and in my eyes, we had a good time chatting or whatever. Then I get an email the next day asking me what was wrong with me and why I was I so distant and do I not want to be friends anymore? I'm like, what the crap, are we in 4th grade again?

In my opinion, these people are unable to have healthy relationships because they are not comfortable with themselves. They are insecure, selfish, and almost act helpless to a point. It annoys me to no end, so I just don't bother.
  5. Guest

Guest Guest

I have gone through this too.
    I decided to do something about and I cut the person out of my life. I felt bad about it for a while but honestly, I don't have time for that crap! I feel so much better not having that negative energy in my life anymore!

6. Juicy-Juls

Juicy-Juls New Member

Er, Jen hunny...I think you need to get rid of a few of your H's....The the page will go back to the size it should be!!..LOL

I'm sorry about that hunny, friends can be a pain in the ass...
  7. ChooseToBe

ChooseToBe New Member

If my dick is so dirty that I have to wash my hands after touching it, I have far bigger issues.
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 24, 2013
  8. Raunchy-Row

Raunchy-Row Super Moderator Staff Member

Apropos of ....nothing? Hrmmmm.
  9. Tempting Toffee

errrrr...and what does that have to do with my 'friend'?

grrrr.
  10. Tonglen guy

Tonglen guy New Member

Just respond by saying... "That's interesting," and then go on with what you were doing. She wants drama and wants you in the front row.
  11. Tempting Toffee

Interesting you said that. I saw her last Friday. Me and my bf sat by her for a couple of mins, she went on about her infection and the end I just said 'yeah' and talked to the other person lol. She looked peeved...haha! Now she knows what it feels like...

There have been a number of occassions where she's been 'listening'..she just says 'yeah' and looks around the room.
  12. New_Explorer

New_Explorer New Member

this thread is a bit surreal.
  13. Tempting Toffee

The bloody cheek. She just asked a REAL friend to give her money back, that she borrowed. When she's got 1000's in the bank (no joke) and my actual friend is struggling, and she knows it. She is making me SOOO angry, I just can't describe how much.
  14. kellybean

kellybean New Member

Why don't you just have it out with her? And if in the end she can't self reflect, then begone with her. At least you'll have had your say. She might just realize what she's doing (although it doesn't sound like it)
  15. Tempting Toffee

Well, some of my friends still fall for it. I don't want to cause further tension. If it came to it, and say that a friend began arguing, I would state my case. And there's the fact that she would not listen, it's worse than talking to a brick wall. She'd just play the victim.

For instance, a couple of weeks ago, it was a friends 21st. She made a lame excuse (going to see a car) over her friends party. Then, she went on about how she works etc, when most of us do work (my student friends work extremely hard in the holidays). Then she started playing the victim, saying she was let down by people on hers-well, people didn't go because she treats people like f*cking toys, as well as other factors. We were all at uni, skint and couldn't make it back. She then called my friend petty etc for being annoyed with her excuse, and that he shouldn't have been bothered.

I'm just avoiding her big style at the moment. Although, I know it's bount to come up soon. We're all fuming.

16. Tempting Toffee

thanks dolly, I asked Juls to do it hehe, but you got there first [​IMG]
  17. incognito

incognito New Member

She sounds like a psychopath, and I do mean that literally.
  18. Tonglen guy

Tonglen guy New Member

I still think there's a very large drama without a plot happening here, and that she is quite happy being in the middle of it.

The solution may be simply to make her irrelevant to your thoughts. Sometimes the prize is not worth the fight. So turn the page and let her place be somewhere in the left hand part of the book.
  19. workingmom

workingmom New Member

TG, as I think I've said before, your posts are fabulous.
  20. Tempting Toffee

Thanks Tonglen guy! you have got it spot on [​IMG]