How to make good ribs

Discussion in 'Aphrodite's Kitchen' started by StLGaL, Aug 13, 2008.

1. StLGaL

StLGaL New Member

I love baby back ribs..but Ive never made them myself before. I just bought some at the store today and Im going to make them tomorrow for dinner.

A customer at my work said what he does, is pours a can of coca cola into a pan and puts the ribs in, then in the oven on low heat, I think it was like 250 maybe for a few hours then finishes them on the grill..he said with the left over coke that was in the pan, he then puts that into a sauce pan, adds some brown sugar I beleive and lets it reduce to make like a glaze for the ribs..then u can also add your favorite sauce to the ribs.

Im wondering how long should I have the ribs in the oven, Im only doing one slab, and then about how much longer on the grill?
  2. Penguin-Goon

Penguin-Goon New Member

if you look in the "whats for dinner" thread, MNM has an awesome recipy for ribs. and im sure hes prolly gonna be the best one to answer your questions lol
  3. kellybean

kellybean New Member

I usually bake my ribs for at least 3 hours, covered with tinfoil, then just grill for flavor and grill marks, I like them a bit crunchy. They may fall apart in the oven if you cook them tooo long.

How'd it turn out?
  4. StLGaL

StLGaL New Member

I just have one slab so I was thinkin of doing 2-3 hrs on like 250, then finishing on the grill
  5. Juicy-Juls

Juicy-Juls New Member

What we do is rub them the night before and then the next day wrap them tight in foil and cook them at 250 for about 6 hours. They coe out sooooooooo tender and good..MNM posted a recipe in the whats for dinner thread. He is a god at ribs!!!LOL

6. StLGaL

StLGaL New Member

lol I did see that...I will try that one next time.

Im gonna try the coke one this time and see how it goes,

I did make a rub though and had them in the fridge for several hours with the rub.

I didnt measure anything, I just eyeballed it, but i used

brown sugar
    garlic powder
    onion powder
    seasoned salt
    paparika
    mustard powder
    chili powder
    course salt
    black pepper

I hope they turn out good..I will let ya know
  7. Juicy-Juls

Juicy-Juls New Member

ohhh the rub sounds good, make sure you use TONS of paprika.
  8. StLGaL

StLGaL New Member

omg the ribs were AWESOME! they were so freakin tender and so yummy, we ate the $hit out of them suckers lol and now my gut is so full I can barley breathe.

I also made corn on the cob and garlic mashed tators...it was delicious.

The method I used worked really well..I just put the rub on them I made up, wrapped it saran wrap and let it hang out in the fridge for a few hours, then poured some coke in the bottom of my pan, put the ribs in covered with foil and then did them low and slow in the oven , for like 3 hours on 200 then finished them on the grill, for about 10 minutes put some sweet baby rays bbq sauce on them and let them get a lil char on the top. They were finger lickin good. My hubby loved em too