I FINISHED MY DEGREE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Beyond Women's Health' started by clc, May 21, 2008.

1. clc

clc New Member

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

I can't quite believe it - four years down the line I made it!
    Just had my final unseen practical and viva and I'm done. I think it went OK, will find out my mark in a few weeks.

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

I am so excited that I've FINISHED!!!!!!
  2. Tempting Toffee

Tempting Toffee Active Member

Oooooooh YAY! I finish in TWO days [​IMG]

Congrats xxxxxxx
  3. clc

clc New Member

nearly there jen nearly there! then you can join me in general layabout ness!!
    [​IMG]
  4. BethG

BethG New Member

BIG congratulations to clc AND Jen!!!!!!
  5. Guest

Guest Guest

yay!well done clc..........partaaaaaaaaaaay time! [​IMG]
  6. clc

clc New Member

OH yeah!
    I have called in the troops for tonight already .... and friday night .... and sat night
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

7. ChooseToBe

ChooseToBe New Member

Tahh tuck a taaaahhhhhhhhhh!

Congratulations, each of you. How does it feel to reach this milestone?
  8. clc

clc New Member

I actually don't know what to do with myself!!! But I feel really really proud that I made it through and (hopefully- I'm pretty sure I will have passed) I will be qualified to do what I have been aiming for for nearly 10 years now!!
    Jen what are you going to do in two days time?!
  9. kellybean

kellybean New Member

Congrats Ladies...what an achievement to be proud of!!
    Bravo!
  10. Jessucka

Jessucka New Member

Congrats, ladies!
    What were your degrees in?

I had a friend to went to school for 8 or 10 years to be a family couselor. Props to her! I am so proud of her, but 10 years?! I love her strength.
  11. Tempting Toffee

Thanks hehe. My degree is in History!

I'm not really doing anything special on Friday. Just going to be making the most of NO work hehe. Bf is coming over for the weekend, so depending on the weather we should have walking, picnics etc.
  12. incognito

incognito New Member

Congrats clc!
  13. Guest

Guest Guest

Congratulations to both of you!
  14. clc

clc New Member

The weather had better be nice for your picnics Jen!

My degree is in speech and language therapy. I thought my 4 years was long for a non medic degree but 10 years - cripes!
  15. guinea

guinea New Member

Congrats to both clc and jen87. I have until 1st August and I will be a qualified nurse too!!!! Can't wait to be earning some proper money!!!!
  16. Tempting Toffee

Everyone here keeps asking if I'll be a teacher or work in a library hehe. I'm not....

Not sure what I want to do in the long term. Well I'd love to do fundraising for a charity, but for now I'm applying to banks. I applied to HSBC in my local town at home, got through the first 2 rounds. Next step is the face to face interview, had the phone one yesterday. It was horrible, but I got through hehe.

Argh, any one want to do my essay? got 900 words left to do. It's on racism in Britain during the 60's! I'm SOOOO bored!

17. Jessucka

Jessucka New Member

I have a friend who majored in history and got her degree. She is now a snowboard instructor in Utah. *shrug*

I'm not 100% positive if it was 10 years she (my friend) went to college. I know she did a 2yr community college and then a 4yr college. Then she did graduate school. So that was another 2 or 4yrs. So atleast 8. Right now she is doing in-home family counseling for DSS. She hopes to own her own practice within the next few years.

Talks like this makes me wish I had gone to a 4yr college for a degree of some sort. [​IMG]
  18. New_Explorer

New_Explorer New Member

Hey I just got mine too! Sunday was commencement. I finally have a bachelor's degree, something I felt I should have gone for twenty years ago but didn't.

It's a weird feeling. I can't explain why. It's like, I don't feel "different" in any way, but I can look at this accomplishment and say, "yeah, that's me. I did that."

And work is falling from the sky. 'Course, with my degree, it's not paid well, but I'm working for the love of art, and for the experience (so I can go on for a graduate degree. I must be nuts!)
  19. BethG

BethG New Member

lol, Jen my degree was in History too...and English (double major)and here I am....working in investment and insurance sales. Go figure!
  20. Tempting Toffee

Hehehe yeah it seems most people go into either finance or law!