Identity Theft

Discussion in 'Beyond Women's Health' started by Trilixia, Jun 9, 2008.

1. Trilixia

Trilixia New Member

What should I do?

Today, my coworker asked me if I called our sister companies in Japan & Thailand because apparently someone pretended to be me last Thursday. The lady wanted all the employees' email addresses and contact information. She provided them an email address to mail all the information. It was <myfirstname>@usworkmail.com

Thankgoodness no one sent any information to that email.

Now I am freaking out! What do I need to do? I have a pretty good feeling that she got my name off our company website but regardless, it is scary!!

Help!!
  2. Jessucka

Jessucka New Member

Send out a mass-company email letting everyone know what is going on. You may want to setup some sort of code so everyone knows when it is a real email to and from you guys.

Secondly, call the police. They are cracking down on this stuff these days and they will assist you with any further details.
  3. FoolishGal

FoolishGal New Member

Check your credit? The police should be able to give some guidance on what you should do... Wow, scary.
  4. kellybean

kellybean New Member

You should also be able to switch your personal work email address pretty easily. You'd just have to notify your own contacts and notify them.

But you also might want to send out a company wide email notifying your co workers about this.
  5. Trilixia

Trilixia New Member

I notified all 3 credit bureaus for a possible ID theft just in case someone tries to use my SSN. It is good for 90 days.

My coworker notified our sister companies that I didn't make the call and I made sure that I delete all the information on our website with my name on it.

It is scary!!