Infants to 1 Year all welcome here - Part 4

Discussion in 'Archived Discussions' started by gutterflower, Jun 2, 2010.

1. TDG

TDG New Member

ok...well I feel better. Not good, but better. My dr was very oh no big deal about it, which made me feel better because more than the pain I was just scared. She cauterized it back together. SUPER UNPLEASANT, then put more steristrips on the one side(the other was sealed enough she thought--and nessa they did put some on when they took out the staples, but they tell you to remove them after a week). She didnt think it looked infected, but gave me some preventive antibiotics because an infection could make this minor issue serious. She also refilled my pain pills so Im not miserable. She said in a week it should be a lot better and shouldnt take any extra time to heal. Hopefully shes right. It still looks pretty awful but its closed up at least so Im not completely freaked out. She said it was caused by scar tissue from my other c sections, which causes poor blood flow to the area which causes crappy healing. I dont mind having c sections since I didnt have another option to safely have babies, but its a big bummer these are the prices I have to pay to have a big family because of it. Im just hopeing to see big improvements every day now like I should have been seeing already.

ali--wow thats terrible! What kind of record keeping are they doing that they dont know where your baby was or how long you were in the hospital!!

mel--dont forget you can always lay him down and take your 10 mins even without bf there to help. Youll do great, and if you need to vent we are all here to listen. [​IMG]

Waylon is such a good baby. I seriously can not believe I could get lucky 3 times and have easy happy babies. He is bfing great, sleeping OK at night-4-5 hour stretchs, and is alert and happy when awake. Hopefully I dont jinx myself. lol. Now if I could just heal so I can enjoy all my boys again.
  2. Bobeba

Bobeba New Member

Hello

I'm new to this thread. I started on the TTC - Ectopic thread. I have a 3 and a half old baby boy who is sooo 100% adorable. He is generally a very content baby. However 1 week ago he started to be very fussy. I don't think it's teething and am leaning towards stomach upset. I have eliminated lots of food that I think may cause gas and have lost 4 lbs this week. I'm a bit tired and craving chips, chocolate and pizza haha!

Looking forward to this phase being done!
  3. KawaiiNot

KawaiiNot Active Member

Hi girls!
    It's been difficult finding the time lately, so I haven't been able to keep up at all.
    I jusrt wanted to pop in and say hi, and let you know I'm thinking of you all.

I hope all is well with you and the little kiddos. Mine is certainly not making life boring. Lol! Flipping around, pivorting, he is definitely on his way to mobility.

Welcome to the group, Bobeba! [​IMG]

4. *mel*

*mel* Super Moderator Staff Member

Ali thats terrible! I can't believe a hospital can be that bad at keeping records on where a baby was!

TDG glad to hear the doctor isn't concerned with your incision, hope it heals soon. So happy that you got another chilled out baby, and slightly jealous too! lol!

Welcome Bobeba, glad you found your way over here!

Well yesturday I though I might just crack up. Luke was a nightmare, wanted to be held ALL day and whenever I put him down and left the room he would scream and scream. I seriously started to worry about how I will cope next week on my own! Today he seems a little better so hopefully yesturday was just a one off. This might sound like a stupid question but should I be worried about him always sleeping facing the right side? His head is starting to go flat on that side. I have tried to turn his head gently when he is sleeping, doesn't work, he wakes up and goes mental! lol! Not really sure what else I can do?
  5. Confused-Hasya

Confused-Hasya New Member

Ali, that's crazy!

tdg, glad it's sealed. But if you plan more kids, do take a much longer break this time.

Mel, M has those days too. If it gets too much, lay him in his crib safely and go into a different room for 10 min. I don't believe in cio approach either, but you've got to keep your sanity.
  6. *mel*

Well it seems I spoke too soon, this afternoon he has been just as clingy, will only sleep while being held blah blah blah... Next week is really going to test my patience! To top it all off I fell down the stairs, banging my back, tailbone and head. I winded myself and managed to stumble through to BF but couldn't tell him that I couldn't breath. He came running over to me and I briefly passed out in his arms before finally catching my breath [​IMG] So scary, I have never been winded like that before! So now to top it all my back is killing me and my lungs don't feel too great either. Every time I pick Luke up I feel like I can't breath. I really don't want to go to the hospital but if it doesn't improve by tomowwor I guess I will have to. Just typical that it all happens just before BF goes away!
  7. nessa26

nessa26 New Member

Aww I hope you feel better soon Mel!! I have stumbled down the stairs twice before, as Im a very clumsy person in general.

Thats usually how things work as you say. It all happens before your BF goes away. But you will be fine with Luke!! Trust me!!
  8. TDG

TDG New Member

bobeba--welcome! maybe its just a growth spurt, that can cause random times of fussyness.

mel--Just keep remembering it WILL get better. Have you tried a baby carrier yet? Thats an awesome way to hold him as much as he wants while still having arms and hands to do other things. Sorry about the fall! Im STILL having issues with my wrist from my fall before Waylon was born. I just keep hopeing it will get better but Im startin to think I need to see a Dr.

So last night my incision started bleeding. Today I called the Dr n she said to just keep cleaning it up. I had to take off the steristrips and clean it up and put new ones on. Im happy to report it is all staying stuck despite the bleeding. Hopefully she is right and by the end of next week its far on the way to healed.
  9. Confused-Hasya

btw, tdg, I think I was told to leave my steristrips in for 3 weeks. They told you to remove them in a week???

OMG, Mel, glad he was around when it happened, at least! You should see a Dr.

Bobeba, have you tried putting him tummy down on your lap and thumping him lightly? Supposed to help with gassiness. You can look it up to find out exactly how to do it.
  10. Confused-Hasya

I had all that wcm before new year's but no af yet. Body geared up for O but O didn't happen, do y'all think?
  11. Bobeba

Bobeba New Member

Mel - how old is your baby? Sounds like we have the same problem. Hopefully you can get some rest so your back can get better. Your baby may be wanting to look at something like a window which is why he is always facing that way. Try to turn him 180 degrees in the crib. He can still look in that direction but will be on the other side of his head.

TDG - I didn't have a c-section but I had my appendix out. I was told to keep the steri strips on until they fall off. Hopefully your incision heels soon.

Well my baby is a bit better this week. Only took 11 days. But he won't sleep on his swing anymore. He never slept in his crib but I was able to get him to sleep alone in the swing. I am going away in April and would really like him napping on his own in a crib by then. Any suggestions to get him sleeping in the crib for naps?
  12. AliBaby

AliBaby New Member

Bobeba, does he sleep in his crib at night? I know they say to put baby down sleepy but not asleep, but I rocked Ty to sleep and slipped him easily into his crib without waking him. Then a couple of weeks ago I just tried to put him down sleepy but not asleep, and he fell asleep on his own and has ever since. It hadn't worked for us until then because he'd cry as soon as we left the room. I think it's just a timing thing that some babies aren't ready yet until they are a little older and better at self soothing. Just keep trying every once in a while, but if it's not working, I wouldn't push it on him. I would just rock or nurse or do whatever soothes him to help him sleep. I really believe you can't spoil a baby, even though our own pediatrician recommended that we not rock him to sleep. But we had to do what worked for us, and there are no issues now, so go with your gut. "Mama knows best!"
  13. *mel*

Luke has been putting himself to sleep at night in his bassinet since he was about 3 weeks old! I have always kept his nightime routine the same from the start and I was so impressed how fast he learnt to self soothe! I don't have him in a daytime routine yet, at present he still naps downstairs but I am thinking I need to get him napping upstairs now. I have noticed things are waking him now so I think it will be better if he naps upstairs where there is no noise and I can make it darker. I *hope* he will learn to self soothe in the day but I guess only time will tell!

With him always sleeping facing the right, I think he just prefers sleeping on that side. It doesn't matter where he is or what is around him, he always favours that side. I'm going to ask the health visitor when I next see her. He was only seen last Tuesday for a full check up so they can't be concerned by it, and they did measure his head so I'm sure they would have noticed if there was something wrong.

Confused maybe your right and your body tried to O but didn't quite make it. I have been getting wierd CM this past week, kind of like EWCM but not quite. Plus I am *still* spotting my PP bleed [​IMG] Getting so fed up with that now. I told the dr at my appointment last Thursday and she said it was normal but really? I will be 8 weeks PP on wednesday!
  14. Confused-Hasya

We don't use M's crib as a crib. I rock her/nurse her to sleep and set her down on our family bed if I plan to stay there or on a quilt on the living room floor if I plan to do stuff here. It is hit and miss. On some days, she'll stay asleep for a long time, on some days, she'll wake up.

We've occasionally tried letting her sleep on her own but she doesn't cry or anything but gets hyper-active. Doesn't know what to do. Sometimes, she'll fall asleep on her own.
  15. Confused-Hasya

Happy Birthday, Mel!
  16. Bobeba

Bobeba New Member

No. The baby doesn't use his crib at night either. He hasn't given up his night feedings so I keep him in bed with me. I know some disagree with that but he never liked his bassinet passed 2 weeks of age so to get the most sleep for all of us I just brought him in with me.

I am going to try the crib for naps starting tomorrow but I'll take your advice and not push it as I want him to like the crib. I'm not a fan of the CIO method however my nurse said that sometimes babies just need to cry. Do you think a couple of minutes is ok to see if he will fall asleep. I don't know if I could just listen to it. He's got me tied around his little finger.

17. TDG

TDG New Member

Yes they always say take off the steristrips if they dont fall off in a week--and they never fall off and I never had issues removing them that soon. I dont get why they take out the staples after only 3 days but most wounds have stitchs/staples for weeks. Weird! Well...I sooo badly wish I could say I was doing great but Im not. Last thurs she cauterized it back together, friday night it started oozing a little blood, sat I called her she said that was fine and just do my best to keep it clean and dry. Ok great. So last night I got up to go to bed, at 12am and felt a rip and a gush. It was sooooooooooo much blood I started freaking out. DF had to rush n get the kids into the car, help me get dressed and then we left for the ER-we live an hour away remember. His dad and sister met us half way and took Brendyn and Evan back to our house, which was faster than waiting for them to drive straight to our place. At the ER they didnt do much except torture me. I had gotten most of the bleeding to stop already so they cleaned it up, stuck a freaking q tip type thing DEEP INTO the wound to test for infection, which ticked me off considering my Dr has me taking TEN antibiotics a day already, then they bandaged it up n sent me home. THey decided the steristrips are just holding moisture and not holding me together anyways. SO we were at the ER until 4:30am. DF stayed home today and took me in to my Dr, which didnt think it had ripped much at all. It looked like a bubble of blood had just built up and popped open and the "good" news is it doesnt look like its open deep anymore. Its just the outside that isnt healed yet. Yay me. [​IMG] lol. So I am completely miserable still and just fed up with this recovery.

Waylon is eating longer, with longer stretchs in between. Hes going 3-4 hours during the day and 5-6 at night.

Bobeba--Sorry I have no advice. I co sleep and never pushed my kids into their own bed until they are about 18 months old. I dont think it would hurt anything to let him cry for a few mins if you want try it and see how it works out. Maybe hell cry for a few mins and then go to sleep, maybe hell freak out and not sleep. lol.

Mel-I bled Heavy for 8 weeks with Evan. Sucks!!
  18. Bobeba

Bobeba New Member

TDG - OMG I hope you are ok? How long since your c-section? You have had some bad luck. Get some rest.

I don't want to kick the baby out of bed for the night time. I am just trying to get some free time in the day and hoping he will nap in his crib.
  19. nessa26

nessa26 New Member

TDG, I hope you get better!! Don't overdo it. I know its hard not to with all the kids, but you must take it easy with that csection incision. You are more delicate because if it. No heavy lifting or running around. You will only heal if you take care of yourself. Ask for help!

Mel, its going to take a few months for your body to get back to normal rhythm wise. I thought you said you had an AF a few weeks back (or just recently). Maybe you are still spotting from that?

Confused, same with you. Pregnancy throws our bodies through a loop. Takes some time to get back to normal. Its possible your body was trying to ovulate, but didn't. Breastfeeding as you know is not birth control, so your body could be up to something [​IMG]

Hope all you ladies are well!
  20. Confused-Hasya

Oh, funny Nessa, you! I know that it isn't birth control :). Wouldn't I love an "accident" this time around! But have to be careful. I want to get back completely into shape before trying again. And that includes fixing up my wrist and also losing the flab. My tummy fat and flab. Last to go, it wants to be. If it'll go ever. I'll make my peace with it if that is what it is to be, but I don't want to be working towards a goal if I am going to get nowhere with it.

Just a question popped into my head - if I am at pre-pg weight and have all of this tummy fat still, is the rest of me thinner? What is? I still can't fit into pre-pg blouses because of ahem...

TDG, omg, how scary! take, take, take care!