Kitty Litter Cake

Discussion in 'Aphrodite's Kitchen' started by leeaman7777, Jan 3, 2010.

1. leeaman7777

leeaman7777 Active Member

Ingredients:

1 (18 oz.) box spice or german chocolate cake mix
    1 (18 oz.) box white cake mix
    1 pkg. white sandwich cookies
    1 large box vanilla instant pudding mix
    12 small tootsie rolls
    1 litter box (preferably a NEW one!)
    1 plastic scoop
    green food coloring

Preparation:

Prepare cake mixes and bake according to directions (any size pans). Prepare pudding mix and chill until ready to assemble. Crumble white sandwich cookies in small batches in blender, they tend to stick, so scrape often. Set aside all but about 1/4 cup. To the 1/4 cup cookie crumbs, add a few drops green food coloring and mix using a fork or shake in a jar.
    When cakes are cooled to room temperature, crumble into a large bowl. Toss with half the remaining white cookie crumbs and the chilled pudding. You probably won’t need all of the pudding, mix with the cake and “feel” it, you don’t want it soggy, just moist; gently combine. Put mixture into clean litter box.Put three unwrapped Tootsie rolls in a microwave safe dish and heat until soft and pliable. Shape ends so they are no longer blunt, curving slightly. Repeat with 3 more Tootsie rolls and bury in mixture. Sprinkle the other half of cookie crumbs over top. Scatter the green cookie crumbs lightly over the top, this is supposed to look like the chlorophyll in kitty litter. Heat remaining Tootsie Rolls, three at a time in the microwave until almost melted. Scrape them on top of the cake and sprinkle with cookie crumbs. Place the box on a newspaper and sprinkle a few of the cookie crumbs around. Serve with a new pooper scooper.

[​IMG]
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 24, 2013
  2. Penguin-Goon

Penguin-Goon New Member

LMAO!!! i can see peoples faces turn green when you serve that!!
  3. leeaman7777

LMFAO... Alot of people make it for their Halloween party's and such too.. I haven't made it yet, not sure I could eat it..lol Alot of people say it is a very tasty cake tho if you can get past the looks of it...
  4. Alluring-Ash

Alluring-Ash Super Moderator Staff Member

lol!! That is awesome! A friend of mine makes this every year for a Halloween party but I have never seen it, now I see what she is talking about! It is quite funny! I have to say it does look quite real too!
  5. leeaman7777

I would love to try making it but I am just not sure I could bring myself to eat it..lol

6. New_Explorer

New_Explorer New Member

first of all, I have to say that a new litter box isn't a preference, it's a demand. There is no way on earth this should ever be served in a recycled litterbox no matter how much it's been cleaned! Lol~

Secondly, one of my college professors made this once and served it to us. (he was a cool guy and the class was pretty informal.) It looked absolutely gross but tasted good. But still it looked so gross that it didn't matter that it tasted good, I still gagged a little eating it.

I think he made his "logs" the way you make rice crispy bars, only I think he used cocoa pebbles instead of rice crispies. And then he pulled and shaped them with his hands into turd shapes. They looked VERY realistic!
  7. leeaman7777

lol.. Ya I would think that comment is meant as a joke..lol
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 24, 2013
  8. Raunchy-Row

Raunchy-Row Super Moderator Staff Member

New Explorer, where have you been? I just realized I haven't seen you here for ages!
  9. Lovinspecial

Lovinspecial New Member

wow that is the grossest cake I have ever seen.

I would love to try to make it as a joke or something but I do not think anyone would eat it.
  10. lucashem

lucashem New Member

i made this for a halloween party a few years ago. got alot of comments and people did actually eat it...lol. i honestly didn't think it tasted all that great, was a little bland for me, but i made it more for the appearance then anything.
  11. SweetestTea

SweetestTea New Member

Ewwww lol that looks so real I dont think I could eat it. I could imagine making that for a boys birthday party because boys tend to be obnoxious. They'd probably think it was funny. But it does look quite real, I think its the melted tootsie rolls that really do it.
  12. BethG

BethG New Member

NE! I just re-read this thread and saw your post. How in the heck are you? I've been wondering how/where you are. Seriously. Hope all is and has been well with you.
  13. hugapug

hugapug New Member

I could not imagine eating a cake that looks like that.
  14. samanthajohnson

samanthajohnson New Member

lmao sounds a bit scary :-D i cant even imagine my kids eating it!
  15. johnthms72

johnthms72 New Member

Kitty Litter Cake is a confection popular in North America, although cake may be something of a misnomer in this instance.I assume you wish to make this for a Halloween party.I saw a recipe once for something resembling kitty litter with the "deposits" in it.

16. Wrighto

Wrighto New Member

OMG hahahaha, well, uh, now I know what I'm making for the Samhain get-together this year. I... I don't think I could actually EAT IT though.
  17. cathy22

cathy22 New Member

Thanks for posting this, -I want to make it!
  18. SmileAndCry

SmileAndCry New Member

Haha wow that looks amazing! I totally am going to make this... Whats a tootsie roll? [​IMG]
  19. Mrs.G

Mrs.G New Member

I am so going to make this, one of these days when I have a good reason to. I showed it to my husband, he didn't find it nearly as funny as I did. I can only imagine the looks one would get if they walked into a party with this bad boy, saying "Cake is here". lol

Thanks for the recipe!
  20. scarlettF

scarlettF New Member

Thanks! My daughter has been wanting to make this, too funny [​IMG]