LADY COMP ALL NATURAL BIRTH CONTROL PART 5

Discussion in 'Natural Birth Control' started by PUMPKIN, Dec 19, 2007.

1. PaulaKoala

PaulaKoala New Member

I am day 8 of my cycle and day 11 of using LadyComp. I got green lights from days 1-5 of my cycle, a yellow on day 6 and reds on days 7,8. I was wondering what people are using on their yellow and reds days for protection. Last night I used a Today's Sponge. I thought it was pretty neat as it was my 1st time using one. I find the Nonoxyl 9 spermicide to burn a bit but overall it was ok. The sponge is really soft and you can't feel it inside. Also, the string makes it easy to pull it out. I am just concerned with how effective the sponge is...only 93% if used perfectly. I have the femcap too, that is supposed to be 97-98% effective so I'll probably start using that instead. I just don't want to have issues with him feeling it...
  2. BunnyGirl19

BunnyGirl19 Super Moderator Staff Member

When I was trying to avoid we would use withdrawal mainly, occasionally condoms. We were never seriously trying to avoid so not diligent on being extra safe. He just didn't finish inside me. I think we will go back to condoms when we want to avoid again.
  3. PaulaKoala

PaulaKoala New Member

I don't know if I will like having a cap inside me to be honest. I felt like the sponge kind of interfered with my orgasm some how- it wasn't as intense as usual. Sorry if this is TMI but I wonder if it's normal...mayeb spermicide with withdrawal may be a good combination.
  4. tinabanana

tinabanana New Member

about 2 weeks ago i came on here and posted saying that i stoped taking the pill about 12 months ago and still didnt start my period. someone mentioned i should go to a doctor, which i did. I had a blood test done and waiting my results, and i guess my body just needed a little 'worry' because sure enough i started my peirod yesterday! its weird how things go sometimes.

my naturopath asked me to write down my temparature from my ladycomp so she could have a look at it. i figured i would share it you guys, maybe you can explain to me a bit what happened over the last 6 months. http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/tinabanana

i read my 'taking charge or your fertitily' book over a year ago so i guess ill have to give that another read.

my lady comp started giving me green lights for the last 6 days. before i started my period i thought it had complemently lost its mind giving me green lights, but did it actually know what it was doing? it cant really give me safe green lights being that this is my first M for 13 months?
  5. PaulaKoala

PaulaKoala New Member

Hi Tina, that is awesome, congrats on getting your period! LOL. It's a good feeling eh? Maybe your ladycomp detected ovulation 14 days before you got your M so that is why you got green lights. It doesn't seem unrealistic as you have been temping for a while beforehand (how long have you been using LC?). Fertility friend predicts my O at day 16 (I am on day 10 today). I really hope I ovulate this month since I want some green lights, also to know what my body is doing. I got my 1st real period off of the pill 42 days after my withdrawal period on Oct. 3rd. This month will be my 1st O in like 10 years, if I do in fact O. I hope so just to know my body is back in sync and I can get some real green lights. Anyways, congrats and keep in touch!
  6. Lilly3Mae

Lilly3Mae New Member

Thank you both so much. I finally got my BMI info entered. Just 1 more questions (I think) to confirm my thinking. I am coming off the pill, was on it for about 6 months. I am having my first withdrawal bleeding now, should I wait until my next "real" period starts before I begin to use the LC? If I can start taking my temps now I should not enter this period as part of my M data right?

Thanks to all the women for sharing your experiences!

7. Lilly3Mae

Lilly3Mae New Member

Oh, and I don't know if it means anything my this withdrawal period was a perfect 28 days since my last period when still on the pill. I've read that the withdrawal bleeding might take place sooner than that...

Also - can you only take your temps if you set the alarm on the LC?

Sorry for all the ?'s [​IMG]
  8. KawaiiNot

KawaiiNot Active Member

You start using ladycomp a soon as you get your withdrawal bleeding. You're set to go. [​IMG]

No, don't enter this as M. Withdrawal bleeding is not a real period. Enter M for the first bleeding not caused by your own body, not artificial hormones.

As long as the pills are taken correctly most women experience perfect 28 day "cycles" on the pill. What you are experiencing is quite normal and it is caused by the artificial hormones you have been taking. A withdrawal bleeding is just that, a bleeding that occurs when you stop taking the pill. This is how a cycle on birth control pills work.

No, you don't have to set the alarm apart from the very first time you use ladycomp. Every day after that you'll get a 6 hour window (+/- 3 hours) where you can take your temp, based on the time you took your temp the day before. You can use your own alarm if you wish.
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 8, 2013
  9. PaulaKoala

PaulaKoala New Member

I wish there was a way to turn the sound off the LC. My fiancé is not impressed with the "electronic noise" coming from my side of the bed. I had to run into the bathroom and do it the other day which I know is bad. We both work shiftwork so we have to be very respectful of one another's sleep. Luckily we are alone upon waking more often than not because of shifts....arrgh!
  10. marbear272

marbear272 New Member

does anyone seem to find greater temp variations if they take their temp within the 3 hour window, but not at the same time each day? i took mine 2 hours later than i normally do this morning, and it was much higher.
  11. BunnyGirl19

Mine typically seems to be quite a bit lower if I take it earlier, but I've never really taken it later than my usual time, primarily due to me just setting an alarm so I can temperature at the same time everyday regardless of getting up. The only time that doesn't work is when I need to get up early for an appointment. I then don't usually have enough hours of sleep in by the time I get up (find it very difficult to go to sleep earlier than my body likes to regardless of need to get up earlier) and am lower than I should be.
  12. marbear272

marbear272 New Member

i almost always seem to wake up at 4am every morning so i take my temp then, but today i took it at 6:15am (and last weekend i took it at 6am or so) and it was almost a full degree higher the first time, and about half a degree higher this morning...will this affect my green light reliability?
  13. PaulaKoala

PaulaKoala New Member

I take my temperature at a different time every day because of my shift work. Mine fluctuate by 0.5 probabably every day. I am not sure how this is going to affect my green lights. I hope that LC will work for me despite my crazy schedule.
  14. BunnyGirl19

I'm not sure how much it would alter the reliability of the lights, considering the internal programming is supposed to be able to compensate for variable temping times (i.e. the window of three hours before or after the previous temperature or being able to change the alarm for shift work). It might be an instance where you should also keep track of your other fertility signs such as CM and CP to make extra sure you're not fertile if your goal is to avoid.
  15. marbear272

marbear272 New Member

bunnygirl, i see on your chart that you have blocks of color for red light, green light, and such...how did you do that?
  16. marbear272

marbear272 New Member

i think i figured out how to add my own blocks of color, however, is this something that i will be able to do with the free membership or only with VIP membership, as my VIP trial expires in 6 days and i dont want to have to pay for this?

17. KawaiiNot

KawaiiNot Active Member

Unfortunately adding custom data is a VIP feature og Fertility Friend.
  18. BunnyGirl19

I have the VIP membership and in the data entry form you have the ability to click a link to add custom data. I really wish I had the ability to assign my own colors to my custom data, but they don't offer that feature at this time. I had gotten the VIP membership about two months before I got my Baby Comp so I don't know if you have the ability to enter the custom data without it. I didn't have a need to at that point. I was just charting my temps, CM, CP, and sex for birth control purposes at that time. My SO was a little "paranoid" of the safety of charting so I did some googling and rediscovered LC/BC/Pearly that I had been eyeing a few years previous. I told him about it and that I was going to get one and he trusted it completely from day one, assuming he could rely on a computer over a person. LOL! I think it was just because he didn't really have to learn anything or remember it if all he had to know was basically red light, green light. He had a miserable time with my regular FAM charting!
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 24, 2013
  19. PaulaKoala

PaulaKoala New Member

So I have been charting my temps, CM, and ferning on fertility friend. FF says that I ovulated on day 13 and LC just gave me a flashing light yesterday, which was my day 16. Does it happen often that they disagree? I tend to agree more with FF as I had egg white on day 13 and saw a jump in my temps on days 14, 15, 16. Has this happened to anyone? Will LC adjust itself once I get my M's? Yesterday on day 16 I had a flashing red and today a solid red, then it predicts one yellow day, then a bunch of greens. I just hope I did not ovulate yesterday as we only used a spermicide film which I paid for- I cannot use that anymore. It just burns!!! I wish they made a film with contragel.
  20. KawaiiNot

KawaiiNot Active Member

The flashing red light in a current cycle is just a prediction. Once your cycle is closed, you can go back and you will see that LCs ovulation light has moved. Thus confirming ovulation.