LADY COMP ALL NATURAL BIRTH CONTROL PART 5

Discussion in 'Natural Birth Control' started by PUMPKIN, Dec 19, 2007.

1. PaulaKoala

PaulaKoala New Member

The morning after pill consists of synthetic hormones so I would imagine these hormones would affect your bb temperature.
  2. ailis100

ailis100 New Member

Thanks PaulaKoala & Bryony,

I'm on day 16 of my cycle, so I'm hoping that the pill will just affect the remainder of this cycle.
    I right in thinking my temp will be affected for just a few days?
  3. jazo25

jazo25 New Member

It's been a while since I last had a question. I sometimes check this forum and get my questions answered with out having to make a posting. I've been on LC for 8 mos. and this month I have gottin several reds! today was my 17th one! whats up with that? Am I doing something wrong?
  4. BunnyGirl19

BunnyGirl19 Super Moderator Staff Member

It's likely your cycle is off for some reason and ovulation is late or you will be anovulatory this time. I don't think you are doing anuthing wromg if you've had no issues before.
  5. hippiäinen

hippiäinen New Member

Hello everyone, another new girl here asking about Ladycomp. I have read sooo much about LC and about your experiences with it here and it sounds great!
    I was on pill for a bit over a year (i think) in my previous relationship and hated it which has made me so anti-HBC. I had my doubts about the pill when i started using it but i decided to give it a go since my boyfriend asked me to. After using HBC for a while my libido went missing and i suffered from several other side effects both physical and psychological. I was very unhappy then. Luckily, having been skeptic about the pill in the first place, i started to suspect it almost right away. So i decided to quit and i'm so happy i did because only thinking about the time i was on pill makes me really sad.
    Now the only birth control we are using with my current bf is a condom and i feel a little uneasy about it being the ONLY one and perhaps not so reliable always. So, i'm thinking of buying LC.

So my question:

I live in Finland and don't really know what would be the best place to buy LC from. Any ideas people (in EU and elsewhere)?

Thank you all, i find this place very useful in my battle againts HBC!:D
  6. living_in_hope

living_in_hope New Member

Hi hippiäinen,

I've just ordered my LC and I used this worldwide list to find my local supplier:

http://www.lady-comp.de/en/natural-birth-control/valley-electronics-worldwide

It seems like they have selling/distribution zones - for example, I checked on the RaxMedical site which is the "authorised North American distributor" and before you check-out there is a link for if you're ordering outside of North America - it takes you to the page link above.

7. hippiäinen

hippiäinen New Member

living_in_hope, thank you so much, that was huge help:) They don't have Finland on the list (doesn't exactly surprise me..:D) but pretty much any country in Europe will do. Hopefully i'll purchase mine soon:)Thanks again!
  8. karhu

karhu New Member

9. hippiäinen

hippiäinen New Member

Hello karhu, nice to see other Finns out here:) thanks for the hint, luckily i understand some German (should probably a lot more though:D). Was the users manual in German then, that i probably can't handle?:D And it had everything necessary in the package i suppose?

Oh yeah, and was there some kind of shipping cost?
    Did you have to register before buying? Apparently my German is worse than i thought it was:D
  10. iampam

iampam Active Member

11. karhu

karhu New Member

Moi hippiäinen [​IMG]

Users manual was in German, but I printed the English version from here: http://www.lady-comp.de/en/natural-birth-control/downloads (instructions). It had everything necessary in the package and after loading my LC, it was ready for use [​IMG]

Shipping cost was 10,80 euros, so not too much. And you don't have to pay any tax, if you order LC from Germany (or any other EU country). I had to register, but I already forgot about the questions they have there, probably you can try to use Google Translator? You can translate the whole page with it.

Good luck with shopping and hopefully you get your LC soon [​IMG]
  12. hippiäinen

hippiäinen New Member

Ok, thanks a lot karhu:) I think i'll give a try, we'll see what i end up getting:D
  13. living_in_hope

I got my ladycomp yesterday. (Yay! :D) I've just got some questions about getting started that I didn't see covered in the manual.

1. It says to charge LC for 24 hours initially. I've had it on charge for about 13 hours and its showing Lo10. Does that mean it's fully charged or will the display change again when the charge is complete?

2. It says you need to enter your body weight as part of the BMI info for initial set up. I didn't realise LC took your body weight into consideration and mine has been fluctuating lately. Does anyone know if you can input a different weight later if your weight changes?

3. What does LC consider as menstruation? In TCOYF there is a distinction made that red blood flow is "menses" and brown, pink or discoloured flow is "spotting". For the purposes of TCOYF I would have menses for usually the first two (occassionaly three) days of my cycle followed by spotting for the next three or so days. Am I supposed to make this differentiation for LC as well?
  14. BunnyGirl19

The L010 display is what shows up at full charge, but I'd leave it on like the directions say.

I don't know if you can change your body weight without resetting things. I picked a weight close to my normal weight, but was less than what my weight was at that time, so it was equally between the two (not that my normal weight versus current weight was more than 10 pounds off). I don't know why BMI is important to the machine.

If you start off with a day of spotting, you wouldn't enter it for M. When you have actual flow it's M. If you start spotting after two days and decrease to spotting, you'd still need to enter the third day as M in the machine so it recognizes an actual M cycle has taken place. So long as you have three days enter in and you use the same criteria for determining M each time, you'll be fine.
  15. ceej1

ceej1 New Member

Hi there,
    Just wondering if anyone can help me out - I have had a ladycomp for a few months (this is probably my fifth month using it) and have always had a good mixture of green and red days and only one or two orange a month. Anyway this month I am on Day 21 and it is still orange when it would normally be well green. I am worried that this might mean i am pregnant? Is this how it works? I did have a heavy night drinking last Saturday and probably shouldn't have taken my temperature after only having a couple of hours sleep - could this be what is making me have continuous orange days?

Any advice would be much appreciated - am hoping for the moment its not a baby (although that wouldn't be totally awful) as its just not the right time! arrgghhhhh.
  16. BunnyGirl19

You wouldn't get that if you are pregnant. All three colors light up for pregnancy.

You likely have not yet ovulated this cycle so you aren't getting green yet.

17. ceej1

ceej1 New Member

Great thank you for your thoughts. I thought it would be too early for it to tell me if I am pregnant since I am only about six days past my ovulation day.
    Is it possible to have not ovulated this cycle? That would be weird I have always had my period like clockwork (well prior to going on the pill).
    Would there be any other reason to not be getting any green days and only orange when I normally have green?
  18. BunnyGirl19

Either your temperature pattern is not clear enough to show ovulation was definite or your ovulation was delayed for some reason so it hasn't happened yet. Those are pretty much the only reasons for extended yellow lights.
  19. living_in_hope

Thanks for your help BunnyGirl. I've got my LC all set up now. I decided to do like you did and choose a mid-weight. I hope it doesn't matter too much because my weight has been all over the place the last year.

I was going to do my first temp tomorrow but now I'm not sure if I should. My doc just recommended some pain medication for the next week or so and I'm not sure if it will affect my temps. It contains Codeine Phosphate, Paracetamol and Doxylamine Succinate. Does anyone happen to know if they interfere with temp?
  20. BunnyGirl19

They shouldn't affect your temps.