New to TTC (Trying to conceive) join us here!!

Discussion in 'Trying To Conceive' started by **Cleo**, Jul 29, 2008.

1. Penguin-Goon

Penguin-Goon New Member

ok great! hehe, we BDed so much lol, but only that one time was in my fertile window, go figure huh? stupid long cycles makes O so hard to predict lol!! but at least now im done with the suspense of when O will happen so now i just get to relax for the next 2 weeks (yeah, i wish right? LOL!)
  2. leeaman7777

leeaman7777 Active Member

Hun, I wouldn't count out the last 3 bd'ing's.. Sperm can last any where's up to 5 days so you have managed to bd 3 times in that time frame, so you are more than covered. Goodluck babe..
  3. Penguin-Goon

Penguin-Goon New Member

hehe cool!! thanks leeaman [​IMG]
  4. Allison_82

Allison_82 New Member

Yep, leeaman is right, chances are still good. Plus, I think spermies can hang around for up to 5 days in good fertile CM (is that right?) so there might have been some hardy little guys hanging out in there from when you did it 3 days before Oing.

Cheers,
    Allison
  5. Penguin-Goon

Penguin-Goon New Member

thanks allison!! i just wanted to make sure [​IMG] no point getting all excited over a busted cycle ya know? lol

6. Penguin-Goon

Penguin-Goon New Member

ok, i know they say one single temp on your chart doesnt matter, you are supposed to be looking for the overall pattern, but should i be concerned if my temp dipped right under the coverline today? i still feel physically like i Oed, so i think i did, and FF didnt take away my CH, so its nothing to be concerned about right?

i know, i need to just wait and see what tomorrows temp does, but im so impatient! lol.

thanks [​IMG] (i hope i dont annoy you all lol!)
  7. Alluring-Ash

Alluring-Ash Super Moderator Staff Member

[​IMG] I wouldn't worry quite yet as it ia only one temp as you have said and really it's not a big dip either, lets see what tommorows temp looks like.

You know what helped when my temps where some what up and down was switching to vaginally at first I was just going to try it for a month to see witch way I preffered it and what came out better and I never switched back! I have problems with needing a fan on at night so I have constant air flow and sleeping with my mouth open etc and I was always so worried that it was giving me crazy temps! yours are much better looking than mine where early on. Just remember it is always an option.

Good Luck sweety! here is to hoping for some good timing and a nice egg [​IMG]
  8. Penguin-Goon

Penguin-Goon New Member

thanks ash!! its always nice when someone can confirm what your thinking, even if you think its right, ya know? thats just the first time ive had a dip down to the coverline (you know, in all of my two cycles ive been temping lol!) so i wanted to make sure!

i may think about switching if we dont get a bfp this cycle, just since my temps do seem to be quite all over the place lol!
  9. *mel*

*mel* Super Moderator Staff Member

Just a thought and it may seem like an obvious question. When you take your temp orally are you putting the thermometer under your tongue? It's just that I pretty much always sleep with my mouth open but I find that taking my temp under my tongue means that it doesn't effect my temps? Just a thought.
  10. Penguin-Goon

Penguin-Goon New Member

hehe, yeah i always put it under my tongue on the same side every morning, but i guess that can still be slightly affected if you sleep with your mouth open on some nights, but not on other nights. i always sleep with my mouth closed unless im all congested and cant breathe through my nose.
  11. *mel*

lol! Thought you did but just thought it was worth a shot!
  12. Penguin-Goon

Penguin-Goon New Member

lol mel, for the record, i dont think my temps are being affected by sleeping with my mouth open occasionally, i think it was Ash that was having that problem before she got preggo, so she switched to vaginal temping. i dont know why my temps are so all over the place lol!
  13. *mel*

Nika my first charts my temps were crazy. Scroll down to the bottom on my FF charts and then change it to Farenheit, they are worse than yours! lol!!! For some reason they stabalised after a couple of months though, no idea why because I didn't change how I temped?
  14. Penguin-Goon

Penguin-Goon New Member

thats funny mel, i wonder why that happens?? lol, im just hoping they will stabilize a bit more if i keep at it [​IMG] unless of course i manage to get pregnant lol! then i wont have to temp till next year [​IMG]
  15. *mel*

It's strange isn't it. I put it down to hormones still being abit haywire after the pill but when I started charting I had been off the pill for 7 months? Can't think of anything else that could have happened though. I also notice now that my temps are quite abit higher than when I first started charting, they gradually got higher and higher over a period of time. Again I have no clue as to why, I am still using the same thermometer as I used then. Very strange!

16. Penguin-Goon

Penguin-Goon New Member

hehe thats weird!! my chart this cycle is looking totally different than last cycle too, but im thinking my surgery got my last chart all messed up, so im hoping this one is a bit more accurate? lol i guess only time will tell [​IMG]
  17. Kelleigh

Kelleigh New Member

hi all! im back from my gloomy week of AF and back for action! :):) me and the hubby got right back to work the day before AF even went out of town [​IMG] so lets hope for a BFP for christmas! or new years. hehe. good luck everyone..
  18. Ginrun

Ginrun New Member

I was told to post my novel on this site, so here it is! Sorry it's so long, everyone, I've just been struggling with going off the pill and I feel the need to explain myself!

Hello All,

I just stumbled upon this site when researching side effects of going off the pill. I feel like I need to describe the effects of being on the pill first before I tell you about what I've recently been through.

I have been on the pill for 11 years. I was on Ortho-tricylcene for 5 and Yasmin for 6. I went off the pill for a number of reasons, one was I had zero sex drive and I was completely dry. I was hoping to God this was the pill and not just me! I found out that I was correct. When I went off (within days), I had plenty of drive and was getting a discharge again. I was also worried that I was pumping too many chemicals into my body for to long and I needed to detox. I know women who have gotten blood clots and other serious problems from the pill. It was time to stop. Finally, my husband and I decided we are ready to have kids.

One of the other side effects of being on the pill was spotting. I was spotting almost the entire week before my period. It would stop a day or two before hand, giving me a break before my ACTUAL period! It was like it lasted two weeks. I was hoping that this would stop when I was off the pill. This week is my supposed week before and I am spotting, fairly heavily. Not enough to be a period, I don’t think, but a decent amount. At first I thought that it might be implanting but it has been going on for 4 days now. Bleeding from implanting only last a couple days. I don't have any cramping so I don't think it's anything serious. Is it possible to get your period EARLY? From what I’ve read, everyone gets it late when going off the pill. I was really hoping this would go away!

My husband and I have been just seeing what happens, using the pullout method which is, what, like 45% accurate? It's pointless; I keep telling him we may as well just take the risk at the rate we’re going! We figure if I get pregnant, then it was meant to be but we were also thinking that it would be nice to get through the summer without having to deal with being big-bellied and HOT. Whatever happens, happens.

I have been off the pill for 3 weeks now (after my last pill period) and have only had minor side effects otherwise, a couple days of cramping within the first week or two of being off the pill. I have also become completely exhausted two nights in a row (last night and the night before), around 8PM-- dead tired! I know this is a sign of pregnancy as well, but I really can't take a test until a missed period, right? The symptoms are similar and I know that it can happen this quickly. We weren't exactly careful. Any advice would be appreciated. Sorry this was a novel!

I actually have more weird body things going in since I posted this yesterday. I got a wave of nausea yesterday morning and was a little dizzy. It only lasted a few minutes so I didn't worry about it. Then, I was nauseous last night for about an hour, which turned into a stomach ache and then this morning cramps. I had crab cakes for dinner so maybe that was the culprit. My spotting has turned from dark brown (which is normal for me) to red, which is not normal at all. I'm getting paranoid. Stuff like this never happens to me, I don't get dizzy or sick often. It has to be the pill. Please help and thanks for taking the time to read this!!
  19. sharky

sharky New Member

Hi Im new!

Story in a nutshell - been on pill since 16, now 24 married 3 years, DH wanted me to stop BC. (he is 32) Live in Sunny South Africa [​IMG]

So stopped mid Nov. Had AF on 15 Dec [​IMG] HATE being off the pill - skin gone bad, lost my boobs, lost weight (liked my weight where it was [​IMG] Sucks.

Soooo, really hoping to Get PG!!!! Only in my second month of trying and Im already fed up with this process. Way too impatient for this crap [​IMG]

Should be ovulating round about now but dont think I am. On the pill had tons of CM, good sex drive now SO DRY, poor sex drive. Trying not to think bout this whole TTC thing but EASIER SAID THAN DONE! Hate things that are out of my control. Things must happen now! [​IMG]

Oh well, wish me luck [​IMG]
  20. MyrtleWarbler

MyrtleWarbler Super Moderator Staff Member

Hi sharky! Very entertaining use of blinkies in your story, loved it, lol! [​IMG]

Patience during TTC is pretty much impossible. You never know how smooth the transition off the pill will be or how easily you'll get preg. Be prepared for it to happen right away, brace yourself for it to take months. There is no predicting. S.u.c.k.s.!!

Things have been a little quiet around here lately, but there are a few others around who are new to ttc, and many of us with experience (far too much experience) who can answer questions and cheer you on. Good luck!