No Period, cramps, negative pregnancy test???

Discussion in 'Reproductive Health' started by scatney, Mar 27, 2007.

1. scatney

scatney New Member

I am having a new experience. I was supposed to start my period on Sunday. My cycle is 28 days down to the hour. That makes me 2 days late. I have felt like I'm having my period since Sunday. Same cramping, bloating everything. The only difference was no bleeding. I've taken 3 pregnancy tests, all were negative. I have 3 children and early pregnancy felt different and I had a definite positive result right away in the past. I have no history of any other problems. I'm baffled. I'm totally preoccupied by this and wondering if anyone else has had a similar experience and what came from it.

Thanks so much!!
  2. sapphire

sapphire New Member

Hi scatney,

Do you know for sure that you ovulated on time this cycle? Even though you're usually super regualar, it's maybe possible that you just O-ed later this time around, which would make your period start later.

Or of course you could be pregnant, and for some reason it's too early for the tests to show a BFP?? Sometimes ladies don't get positives until 16 DPO or later. Even though it's different than your other pregnancies, maybe it could happen?

It is confusing, hopefully you get answers soon hon!
  3. scatney

scatney New Member

I'm not totally sure I ovulated at the same time. I pretty sure that it was around the 11th which would be right for me. I It's just strange to feel exactly like I'm having a period and not be. Oh well, I guess this is one of those that time will reveal the cause.
  4. MyrtleWarbler

MyrtleWarbler Super Moderator Staff Member

Any stress in your life about 2-3 weeks ago? Especially "new" stress or particularly bad stress (rather than the stress you must feel all the time with 3 kids!). Stress can make you ovulate late, even the kind of stress that doesn't really upset us, just disrupts what is normal (like travel, for example). Also, I think that sometimes anovulatory cycles can run longer, making for a later (and sometimes heavier or lighter than usual) period.
  5. scatney

scatney New Member

Actually, the last month has been pretty easy. I haven't had any unusual stress. Today makes 31 days of my cycle. That is the longest I've ever had. If nothing starts by today, I plan to call my doctor tomorrow and schedule a blood test and a check up. This is definitely not normal for me and if i am pregnant, I want to know so I can proceed down that path, if not, than I want to know so I can relax!!

6. *mel*

*mel* Super Moderator Staff Member

Scatney I just wondered if you had any news seen as I have too found myself in your situation. Today I am on CD34 of my cycle but I have taken 2 tests and they were both negative. Seen as it definatley looks like I am not pregnant I want to know where my period has gone!!!!
  7. scatney

scatney New Member

Hi Mel. I'm now 5 days late or on day 33 of a normally 28 day cycle. Still testing negative. I've learned two things. One, I may just be late. Two, it's possible to be pregnant and have implantation occur very late in your cycle due to late ovulation. Which could mean that a positive HPT could take a week or two after your expected period. I am going to the Doctor on Monday to get a blood test. That will be 8 days late. That's about the end of my patience. I've also heard that if you have ovarian cysts, it can mask hormone levels from your urine. I'm not sure how that works but that you could be 9 months pregnant and still get a negative HPT. Are you trying to conceive? We weren't but I will be sad at this point if I'm not.
  8. cln1812

cln1812 New Member

Have you changed your diet or exercise routine lately? If you've started dieting or exercising more, that can also delay ovulation. Or were you sick this cycle? Even a minor illness has delayed ovulation for me in the past, by almost a week.

I hope you find out what is going on! Good luck!
  9. *mel*

*mel* Super Moderator Staff Member

Hi scatney, any news???? AF arrived for me on Saturday meaning I had a 34 day cycle which is quite long for me. I am ttc so I was pretty gutted. Hope you have some good news!!!!!
  10. dania

dania New Member

Dear Scatney,

I am going through the EXACT situation right now. No bleeding, cramps, bloating and sore breasts. My husband and I have been actively trying and this is month 7 for us so it's hard to not get emotional. I have had very regular 28 day cycles. This is the first time I've been late. I'm now 4 days late, have taken 2hp tests, both screaming negative at me. I'm going in for a blood test tomorrow morning (rather pointless) but just need a definite answer so that I can let go and move on.
    Please let me know what happened in your case to help alleviate some of this anxiety.
    Thanks, D
  11. BethG

BethG New Member

dania, this is a very old thread and the OP isn't around any more. But regarding your situation, yeah 4 days seems like a lot to be late, but what probably happened is that you ovulated later than you think. As you probably know, it's not the overall length of time of your cycle that makes you late, it's the time between when you ovulate and when AF arrives that is much more telling. Since you are TTC, are you doing anything to track when you ovulate?
  12. sa2610

sa2610 New Member

I have the same situation. Know EXACTLY when I OV'd, which was 4-16.. Now on CD 30, no period, no cramps, no symptoms at all.
    Took test this AM... negative.
    What now???
  13. workingmom08

workingmom08 New Member

ive been reading the posts on this topic and was almost relieved this is not strange to only me. Im in the exact situation, 3 days late, slight cramping, no period and 2 -ve tests. what was the outcome in your case? or anyone else's?
  14. Weirdartist

Weirdartist New Member

I had negative pregnancy tests for about 12weeks after I was due on (back in 2004) so it can happen either way! I guess wait 9months-and-see isn't the best option for most people though [​IMG]

And yes I was pregnant [​IMG]