Swingtown

Discussion in 'Beyond Women's Health' started by demon-dolly, Jun 6, 2008.

1. demon-dolly

demon-dolly New Member

Anyone else watch this show last night?

It is based in 1976, and involves a couple moving to a new house, meeting their neighbours, and discovering that their neighbours are swingers. The couple tries it out in the first night.

I really enjoyed the pilot episode of this show.
  2. demon-dolly

demon-dolly New Member

Here is a much better description of this show. I got this off of facebook.

Swingtown premieres Thursday June 5 at 10pm ET/PT on CBS...

From the director of "Big Love" and "Rome," SWINGTOWN peeks into the shag-carpeted suburban homes of the 1970s to find couples reveling in the sexual and social revolution that introduced open marriages and women's liberation.

During this heady era of provocative change, Susan and Bruce Miller move their family to an affluent Chicago suburb in search of a sense of community where they meet their new neighbors, Tom and Trina Decker, a striking, outgoing couple on the hunt who redefine the term "neighborhood watch."

In a changing social climate--defined by its music, fashion and style--everyone in SWINGTOWN is confronted with personal choices, experimentation and shifting attitudes.
  3. kellybean

kellybean New Member

oh crap...did i really miss the first episode?! I didn't even turn on the tube last night. Grr....So Thursdays then. I'll have to program that into my DVR. [​IMG]

4. demon-dolly

demon-dolly New Member

OMG kb, it is my favorite new show. Cannot miss an episode!
  5. kellybean

kellybean New Member

Just think of all the people that curiosity will strike. This may be the start of an epidemic.
  6. demon-dolly

demon-dolly New Member

Just as well, 'cause I don't think you would be allowed to watch it anyway.
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 24, 2013
  7. demon-dolly

demon-dolly New Member

Sorry, I must have misunderstood when I read the following:

So, from these posts, as well as many others, you can see why I would think that you wouldn't be allowed to watch something like Swingtown, a show that talks about and openly explores swinging couples.

Maybe you would care to elaborate what you meant when your wrote that your husband would not allow you to watch certain tv shows or movies? Just so I have a clearer understanding, and that way I won't make such a mistake again.

Thanks.
  8. New_Explorer

New_Explorer New Member

I'm sad that I missed the first episode too! I wonder what it will be like to jump into the series next week.
  9. demon-dolly

demon-dolly New Member

Surely you see where you contradict yourself here.

Regardless, I don't recall ever saying he was your "daddy".

And, with regards to the show, whether or not you choose to watch it really makes zero difference to me one way or another.