The Effects of Stopping Birth Control (Part 2)

Discussion in 'Archived Discussions' started by Raunchy-Row, Apr 11, 2011.

1. BeeBee

BeeBee New Member

DaniBear - how great to read your note this morning, I'm so inspired and pleased for you.

Coincidentally I was searching for a book to help wih anxiety and read somewhere else on the Internet a recommendation for this same book by Claire Weekes, I ordered it last week! How funny!

Thanks again!

wingsclipped - how are you doing? If you're interested we could attempt this book in parallel, see how we get on?
  2. wingsclipped

wingsclipped Member

Bee-I'm alright right now I'm spotting and cramping so my periods here? Idk hopefully that's not all I get.The book has great reviews I ordered it Thursday so it should come Monday or Tuesday Clark told me about it,def let me know how it goes for you and I'll do the same [​IMG] how are you feeling today?
  3. BeeBee

BeeBee New Member

I'm ok, period came here too. But I can deal with that. The recent posts on here have inspired me to stay positive and focus on getting the anxiety fixed. I do feel that this is my biggest issue and traps me in a vicious circle of physiological and psychological symptoms. Anyway, let's hope the book helps!
  4. BeeBee

BeeBee New Member

Well staying positive lasted all of 36 hours, felt good then the tingling and a really rough night's sleep, anxiety and so on has me back to thinking there is something really wrong with me like MS (tingling, dizzy, and funny limb sensations). Why is this happening after 6 pills I can't reconcile it? Sorry to be such a downer. I'm driving my hubby nuts.
  5. AlyssTG9

AlyssTG9 New Member

Hi Ladies,

I hope everyone is doing well. I have my first Naturopath appointment on Aug 13th - any suggestions?

I'm in my third week of my cycle, so I'm experiencing some minor anxiety. I'm trying to tell myself that my thoughts this week are due to PMS and that helps sometimes. I'll be honest though, I'm almost four months off and I feel much better, thank God. Hopefully I do not have a bad relapse, but if I do, I will try hard not to be hard on myself for it.

Anyway, I'm keeping a blog now, just to release some thoughts and document my progress: http://cutthefacebook.wordpress.com/ Feel free to read and/or comment - I'm really just looking for some advice or feedback with this blog.

Stay well!

-Alyssa

6. wingsclipped

wingsclipped Member

Tired of being so damn tired! Wth?!
  7. BeeBee

BeeBee New Member

Hi Alyssa - Good to hear you are doing better everyday. I took a quick look at your blog and see mirrors of the anxiety we all seem to be plagued with, I hope the therapy keeps working for you it's so good that your therapist sees improvements.

For the naturopath, I would say tell your story and experience, then try to focus in on what your priorities are - I found that mine wanted to treat my physical symptoms (dizziness, etc.) first, but in truth I think we should have concentrated on the anxiety too rather than putting that on the back burner until the physical was better (which it sometimes is sometimes isn't - I'm convinced the anxiety makes everything else worse and harder to treat).

Also, don't be oversold on supplements and remedies, again focus on your priorities. He/she might be able to help you be less dependent on Xanax.

Good luck and please let us know how it went!

wingsclipped - I hope you got some sleep, bbx
  8. AlyssTG9

AlyssTG9 New Member

Hi Bee - Thank you so much! I'm thinking a few of the things that I touch upon have been experienced by other women, which is why I decided to share.

I will definitely heed your advice and tell her everything about what had happened. I am going to put my anxiety in the forefront of our discussion, as my depression is pretty much non-existent at this point and my physical symptoms are better. Although my hair is really greasy now, so I may bring that up...

Do naturopaths try to sell people on a bunch of stuff? I hope that she'll be able to help me with my carrying Xanex constantly. I haven't used it in a bit now, but still, I want to stop getting anxious if it's not near me.

Thank you so so much for your advice, I'm a little nervous about this, so you've helped eased my worries.

How have you been feeling?

Wingsclipped - did you get some sleep? How have you been?
  9. kris1980

kris1980 Member

Alyssa- i carried my xanax bottle with me -everywhere- it was a security blanket for me. I always had the what-ifs in my head. So when i had the xanax there- the what ifs went away. If you're not using them daily and they make you feel ok to live your life-so be it- carry the bottle in your purse. Eventually you will forget about needing them- like i did and you won't carry them anymore.
  10. BeeBee

BeeBee New Member

Alyssa - No they won't try and sell you lots of supplements, not in my experience. But if you guide them towards your main concerns (anxiety) they should be able to run some naturopathic tests to determine what else might be at play here.

For some it's too much cortisol and adrenalin - both stress hormones. Depending on their methods the testing varies, mine uses the acupuncture pressure points to assess things, without the needles though (can't even explain to you how it works, but it does) and then matches remedies to the results based on how your body responds at these points.

I hope you can enjoy it, it's quite liberating and very reassuring, well I found it so.

I'm doing ok, having some weird wooziness and dizziness today, at the end of my period and I swear blind the hormones affect the dizziness. I'm actually off for my monthly check with my naturopath too!

Best, BB!
  11. wingsclipped

wingsclipped Member

Alyss-I'm doing ok still trying to figure out why I'm so out of it but good thing my doctors appointment is on thursday, I have a naturalpathic doctor as well and she's great and very open with things Im terrified of chemicals so she great in putting together natural versions of things.What I've notice in reg doctors and naturalpathic is that most reg doctors don't go beyond what they are taught or clock out time, naturalpathic doctors are interested in learning new things and anything is possible to them AND they get a kick in finding and resolving things that a reg doctor can't that seems to be a pay off for mine haha Natural doesn't mean it's safe so listen to your body,I'm still not comfortable with any kind of anti depressants or anti anxiety from any kind of doctor ..just yet haha let me know how it gos! [​IMG]
  12. Guest

Guest Guest

Great to hear from u again dani . It has been a while. Also glad to see the book worked well f or u 2! Can't wait till the other ladies get theirs.

Just checked out your blog alyssa. Great stuff. Ladies check it out and give her your feedback.

Can't wait to c what your natural Dr says. Let us know.

What has happned to quitting. And whattodo. Lol

Thanks jmel for comming back and updating
  13. AlyssTG9

AlyssTG9 New Member

Kris - Thanks, I hope I forget about it! For now, it's my security blanket, as it was for you, and I carry it constantly in my purse. I am starting to try to stay away from it little by little, i.e. I leave it in the car when I go into gym. Did you do stop carrying it little by little or all at once?

BB - Thanks to your description, I'm really excited to go see the Naturopath now! I hope that I have an experience just like you. Have you been getting dizziness only during your period or throughout your cycle? Does your naturopath do anything for it?

Wings - I'm glad that you're seeing your doctor soon. How has your anxiety been? I don't blame you for being anti-medication because half the time, that stuff makes things worse! Thank you for the info on naturopaths versus regular doctors - I'm glad to hear that SOMEONE actually cares!

Clark - Thanks for the shoutout for my blog! [​IMG] I will definitely share how my appointment goes! How have you been doing?

Stay well ladies!

- Alyssa
  14. BeeBee

BeeBee New Member

Alyssa - I have had the dizziness on and off since quitting BC, although just before my period it gets much worse. I also have tingling which everyone wants to put down to trapped nerves, hence I'm seeing a chiropractor. This worries me though because I Google it and always think I've got MS which makes me even more anxious. Although I did get an MRI when I was in hospital which the neuro saw nothing on, although I think he was looking for clots not MS. I don't know, the mind is a dangerous thing when vulnerable.
  15. campengurl17

campengurl17 Member

Hey Ladies, i have a quick question...in general how long did it take for you to get your feelings back for your signigifant other and to start feeling like yourself and doing the stuff you used to enjoy doing? Finially started my period and actually feel a little better...

16. campengurl17

campengurl17 Member

right know i just need to hear sucess storys
  17. wingsclipped

wingsclipped Member

Camp- try not to beat yourself up about your feelings they will come back,I'm at 4 months and my numb feeling has led up a lot. I still at times want to be left alone and dont responed to my friends but I think of it more so as crabby days. Hang in there girl it gets better our hormones are kicking us in the ass but are just trying to get back in rhythm [​IMG]
  18. wingsclipped

wingsclipped Member

Got a doctors appointment tomorrow so not in the mood ..I'm tired
  19. BeeBee

BeeBee New Member

What you seeing the doc for wingsclipped? Hope you feel ok.

I went to the ENT today for the dizziness and had every test known to man. Everything came back clear - he seems to think I have a super sensitive balance system that might have been thrown by international air travel and "perhaps" exasperated by the anxiety that I've been having. I just read that the syndrome that he diagnosed me with that hormonal medications such as estrogen or progesterone might exacerbate the problem. I have to accept his diagnosis, and I still think the pill experience was the thing that threw me over the edge because that was when the dizziness started.

Oh well, at least it's been checked and it is better incrementally than it was week over week. With occasional flareups.

Hope everyone is well. BeeBee X
  20. wingsclipped

wingsclipped Member

Bee- just for my follow up I was given some stuff for anxiety, my trip is coming up and some stuff to help build heathy cells? Idk something like that I have a problem remembering things we'll see how things work [​IMG]