Things to do before c-section??

Discussion in 'Pregnancy' started by dee, Jan 28, 2008.

1. dee

dee Active Member

Not sure if this should go here or in parenting...

One of my best friends is having to have a c-section next week as her baby is breech and refusing to turn (yep, it's a boy, lol!) She has asked me to spend the day before with her as she is a bit anxious and would like some distraction. So, I was wondering: anyone who has had a planned c-section, what did you do the day before? What would you have liked to do? She is still pretty active, so walks and things aren't a problem. I want to make it special for her as it's her last day before bubs is born, but don't really know in what way a mum-to-be wants to spend that day!
    Any thoughts?

Thanks,
    dee x
  2. claire

claire New Member

Dee what a lovely friend you are........
    I've not had a c-section, but I did spend the weekend with my best mate last weekend - it was a kind of last girls weekend together before baby comes...
    It was my perfect day, and heres what we did.... We went to the cinema to see ps I love you (I cried so much!), we went for lunch in a lovely cafe/restaurant place, and then we went to her local gym and had a swim, and i then had a leg massage and a facial. I can tell you, the whole day was bliss - doing things I reckon i wont be doing for a while once junior arrives. The best part of the day was the facial - it was pure indulgence and didnt cost a lot. And my goodness I was sooo relaxed after, and slept so well that night.
    Hope this has put a few ideas in your head, maybe the ladies who have had sections may have other ideas of things to do.
    Good luck with planning!
    Claire x
  3. ladybuglnc

ladybuglnc Member

When my best friend was pregnant last year, I paid for her to have a prenatal massage. I think it was only like 40 bucks and she loved it.

4. dee

dee Active Member

Thanks ladies! Very helpful! I've been looking into a Spa day but I can't afford for the two of us to go, so need to have a bit more of a think. I'm a massage therapist myself so I can do that part, but it would be nice if it was something we could both do as a Girlie Day!

I'm going to copy this over into the Parenting forum too, b/c I'm thinking most of the c-section ladies spend more time over there!

Thanks again!

dee x