TTC #2 (or more)...

Discussion in 'Trying To Conceive' started by MyrtleWarbler, Jan 26, 2011.

1. BunnyGirl19

BunnyGirl19 Super Moderator Staff Member

You certainly would be here Mel! They likely would have tried that with you furst before moving to IVF.
  2. MyrtleWarbler

MyrtleWarbler Super Moderator Staff Member

Well... Ironically my luck changed the day after I posted in here. LOL! I posted more details in the Toddler Momma's thread, but after a BFN on Sunday (possible a bfp if I had been more patient with it - there was a second line there when the test dried up), I tested again Monday morning and definite BFP (though faint, and I almost disregarded that test as well). Got blood draw that morning, 134 at 13 dpo (with Allie it was in the 60's on 13 dpo!). So, off to a good start, though the number means nothing until I get the repeat on Friday (couldn't go Wednesday because I am out of town).

Hopefully posting in here will bring you luck like it did me, LOL! Just a few more days now, hang in there...

My RE won't prescribe it unless there is a documented ovulation problem as well. I know a lot of ob/gyns prescribe it when a woman simply isn't conceiving. That's a bit of a pet peeve with me, since there's a million other reasons for fertility problems. A friend of mine was put on Clomid by her ob/gyn for 6 months after not conceiving for a year (instead of sending her straight to the RE as they should have). Then she went to an RE who said her ovulation was perfectly fine, her only problems were structural (a ton of polyps in her uterus). Two months after surgery she was prego with no meds. But it's cheap and has low risks so it's a common first step, esp with regular ob/gyns. I know it works wonders for plenty of women, and some will have more luck once they try it even without other diagnostics. I just hate that so many docs Rx it without the diagnostics, potentially wasting months of time for no reason. Sorry, rant over! I know I'm preaching to the choir here!... [​IMG]
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 24, 2013
  3. BunnyGirl19

I don't have ovulation issues, but have less than ideal egg quality, hence the Clomid.

MW, come join the July, August, September DD group. I'll add you in. I think you are early October, right?
  4. Ambrosia

Ambrosia Member

I have ants in my pants n can't wait to join you ladies with the #2.....lol. Glad to see all is well
  5. iampam

iampam Active Member

I want a little brother or sister for Eddie! DH isn't ready yet, but I am hoping he'll come around soon.

6. BunnyGirl19

We're looking at TTC #3 next January/February for a winter baby since we've got spring and summer already. LOL
  7. iampam

iampam Active Member

As of last night, we're kind of sorta TTC. Definitely not "trying" in DH's mind, but not avoiding. He's not excited about it, but he has always struggled with making big decisions.
  8. iampam

iampam Active Member

Yay Byrony!!
  9. iampam

iampam Active Member

Well, no luck this month. I'll be traveling a lot this month as well, so not feeling too optimistic there.
  10. iampam

iampam Active Member

Yay! That's so awesome Bry [​IMG]
  11. iampam

iampam Active Member

I woke up this morning, and had the vague thought that my period should be due any time now. It's been like clockwork since I had Eddie. I really thought there was no way I could be pregnant this month, I've been out of town most of the month, and I thought I missed my window of opportunity.

So I logged into FertilityFriend to check where I was in my cycle... CD36! I'm over a week overdue! I have been SO busy this past month, I hadn't even put much thought into AF.

I dug out my now expired pregnancy tests from when I was TTC Eddie... and sure enough BFP!

Baby's estimated due date is almost exactly the same as Eddie... March 13 (he was March 11).

DH is still sleeping, I haven't even told him yet! I'm in shock!!
  12. desertgirl

desertgirl Active Member

Wow, congrats!!

Oh, the duedate coincidence is cool, too!
  13. BunnyGirl19

Yay Pam! But make sure to test again with a non-expired test too. I've read of false positives from expired tests but bever personally experienced it since POAS addicts rarely leave any tests lying around unused. LOL
  14. *mel*

*mel* Super Moderator Staff Member

Congrats Pam, great news [​IMG] I agree with BG though, I would take another test to double check, I have also heard of false positives from expired tests although I doubt this is the case with you, especially with you AF being so late!!!
  15. iampam

iampam Active Member

I did one of my little test strips and a first response test (both expired though) and they were both pretty dark. I'll try to pick up a fresh one, but I am not too worried about it, given how late I am. Even before Eddie, when my cycles were a little less regular, I don't think I ever had one this long.

I did test a little last month with the same strips and got a bunch of BFNs, so I know they're not going to turn positive at the drop of a hat.

16. BunnyGirl19

You most likely are considering. Just wouldn't want you to be crushed if the tests were wrong.
  17. iampam

iampam Active Member

I should make DH pee on one of the sticks as a test haha.
  18. iampam

iampam Active Member

OK I bought a test at the store today and it was just as positive as all of the others. Definitely pregnant!
  19. Confused-Hasya

Confused-Hasya Active Member

Congratulations, Pam! I did so in the other thread too, but well!

Did anyone else feel like (nay, know that) you weren't taking as good care of yourself or your husband, of himself, this time around? I have been trying to clean up our lives but it has been a challenge with the toddler.

I am concerned about health problems in the child if I get pregnant while still several pounds overweight and not eating too spectacularly. I rarely eat junk, it isn't that, but I have not been eating a carefully balanced diet, neither has hubby. Nor exercising. To be honest, we weren't truly exercising even before, but we at least walked a lot and slept relatively well and such. And ate on time for the most part, always with not much junk (at least for me).
  20. desertgirl

desertgirl Active Member

Seriously, confused, not to minimize your concerns, but wee baby will be totally a-okay! Even if you were eating nothing but butter and beer for a month before you conceived.