WELCOME TO "OVERCOMING INFERTILITY"! (Read First!)

Discussion in 'Overcoming Infertility' started by MyrtleWarbler, Jun 13, 2008.

1. MyrtleWarbler

MyrtleWarbler Super Moderator Staff Member

<span style="font-size: 11pt">Welcome to the “Overcoming Infertility” subforum of Aphrodite Women’s Health!</span>

The bad news is that we are here... but the Great news is that we’ve got each other! [​IMG]

Infertility is one of the most emotionally difficult challenges that a couple may ever face. And yet, it is much more common than many people realize! This area of the AWH discussion community serves as a special place where women (and men!) can discuss the details of their family-building challenges. Because infertility, and the paths that couples take to overcome it, can be so varied, this subforum will allow ongoing discussions about the details of various medical and alternative approaches, from medicines and IVF to surrogacy and adoption. If you do not see a topic that interests you, please feel free to start the conversation yourself! If you have specific needs, concerns, or questions, ask them!

We have a close community at AWH, and you are welcome (and encouraged!) to explore other areas of the forums. Women just beginning their TTC journey may post questions in the main Fertility forum that you have the experience to answer. And the discussions there become like long conversations among friends, and not always about TTC! Embrace each other’s journey as your own, no matter how different it may be. The ride is much easier that way!

Please remember that this subforum is primarily for a group of women with a certain set of experiences, and the people who support them. It is not simply for women who are frustrated by the normal TTC experience. Because dealing with infertility or long-term TTC can be so emotionally challenging, please exercise sensitivity in your posting, and remember that posts believed to be in the wrong forum will be moved and inappropriate content will be edited as necessary. TTC is frustrating even when you are healthy or just starting TTC, but there is a place for those discussions in our main Fertility forum. Infertility brings a special kind of stress into the process, and those women often need an escape or safety net where they can focus on their unique situation.

Also, if you are pregnant or have a child, and you choose to post in the Infertility subforum to answer a question or provide encouragement, please turn off any tickers tracking a pregnancy status or child's age. You can do so from the Full Reply form in the reply mode.

Here, you will find a home for support in Overcoming Infertility if you...
    * Have been actively trying to conceive for over a year, even if you have not yet sought medical help. You may in fact have no problems, but the medical community often defines this as infertility
    * Require medication like Clomid in order to ovulate on your own, perhaps due to PCOS
    * Have male factor infertility (MFI)
    * Have other identified fertility problems
    * Have unexplained infertility
    * Have used or will be using assisted reproductive technology (IUI, IVF, IVF/ICSI, etc)
    * Have considered or started the use of a donor (eggs or sperm) or a surrogate
    * Have considered or pursued adoption to grow your family

Whether you have something to say, something to share, or something to learn about infertility… Please join us!
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 24, 2013
  2. Allison_82

Allison_82 New Member

Re: WELCOME TO "OVERCOMING INFERTILITY"!!

I think this is wonderful, Myrtle! Really lays out who this forum is for and feels welcoming.

Best,
    Allison
  3. Tempting Toffee

Tempting Toffee Active Member

Great idea [​IMG]
  4. Jenice

Jenice New Member

Love it [​IMG]
  5. candywannababy

candywannababy New Member

MW I love this post!!

I think this should not only be a sticky but it should be the first thread with a subtitle "Please read before proceeding to post" or something like that.

You guys are woonderful!!
  6. Alluring-Ash

Alluring-Ash Super Moderator Staff Member

YAY THANKS MW!!! [​IMG]

7. *mel*

*mel* Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks for pushing for this MW!

P.S I think thats a great idea from Candy about having "please read before posting" in the title.
  8. renee241

renee241 New Member

So happy! Thanks MW!
  9. Tibby

Tibby New Member

MW this was a great idea. Also agree about the "please read before posting " comment.
  10. leeaman7777

leeaman7777 Active Member

Hokie, I go out for one day and the new subforum is here.. YaY, I am so excited girls..
  11. candywannababy

I was wonderin.. Where the heck is Leeman!!
  12. leeaman7777

I am here, just not around much on weekends..
  13. candywannababy

Yeah not much people on here on the weekends.
  14. MyrtleWarbler

Hi ladies! Just got back from my trip! My family reunion was amazing.

Leeaman, I nearly missed the "opening" of the forum myself! Logged on at, like, midnight one last time during my packing - and there it was (but had not been there just a few hours earlier!). So, I posted and then went to bed!

I added a little text to the thread title, but couldn't add more due to a length limit. I could change it altogether if you still don't think it's enough.
  15. leeaman7777

MW, glad you had such an amazing trip... It is always nice to get away isn't it. I think everything you have written is greatly written and is perfect..

Oh hun, I saw your comment on my pic in facebook, you are too sweet, thank you so much for such a lovely comment.. [​IMG]
  16. candywannababy

MW The title is perfect. Is there a way it can be the first topic or is that impossible becasue there are other stickies?

17. MyrtleWarbler

If muliple topics are stickied, then whichever is the most-recently-posted-in sticky thread will be at the top.

Personally, I don't think we need other stickies in this forum at this time. I'm not sure if the other two were stickied, or if their "sticky status" simply moved with them when they were moved. So, I'm gonna unsticky the others. I'm pretty sure you won't have trouble finding anything until this forum gets much busier, and the popular threads keep getting bumped anyway. This way, the Welcome will be at the top always. Protest if anyone strongly disagrees!
  18. candywannababy

Youre #1 MW!!!
  19. Alluring-Ash

Alluring-Ash Super Moderator Staff Member

I agree and I like the topic name as well it is the most fitting and it is comforting with the "overcomming" infertility like we are troops or somthing we have the want and the ability to do what we set our minds ( or bodies ) to. This will make it really nice to get some BFP's around here, not that the others are not nice, but you all know what I mean [​IMG] Thanks MW for making this happen. Great Idea.
  20. candywannababy

I know what you mean Ann. Especially With the recent flood of bfp's from more recent members.

Go team go!!!