Yeast infection under breasts....

Discussion in 'General Health' started by ladybuglnc, Apr 28, 2007.

1. ladybuglnc

ladybuglnc Member

I have had a yeast infection under my breasts on and off for about a year. The doctor told me to keep them dry...but it is difficult with DDD's. Has anyone ever had this problem? And if so...what got rid of it? I have been using yeast infection cream and it gets rid of it for a little while, but it always comes back.
  2. demon-dolly

demon-dolly New Member

Try placing strips of gauze under your breasts while wearing a bra, this may help to keep them dry. Also, a light dusting of cornstarch under there can help too.

I know how you are feeling, I went through this too before my reduction.
  3. ladybuglnc

ladybuglnc Member

Thanks...I will have to get some at walmart.
  4. cchs95

cchs95 New Member

My gynecologist prescribed a powder that you use twice a day to get rid of it. It seems to work. It is just the issue of remembering it twice a day.
  5. ladybuglnc

ladybuglnc Member

Yeah...I am supposed to take metformin twice a day...and I can never remember. But I am going to the gyno tomorrow, I will see if she will prescribe a powder
  6. Bklyngirl

Bklyngirl New Member

Hi. I had it under my breasts not too long ago. My dermatologist prescribed a steriod and anti-fungal cream and it did the trick.

I just wanted to add that once it clears up, try putting deodorant under your breasts. My SIL does this since she's a D cup like me, and swears by it. So far it's working well for me. I don't sweat under my breasts anymore like I used to. [​IMG]

7. Mulan05

Mulan05 New Member

How do you tell if you have a yeast infection there? Is it a rash or is it something else? Just curious (I know...strange thing to be curious about, but I'd like to know just in case it ever happens to me)
  8. ladybuglnc

ladybuglnc Member

When I went in for my last annual, I had what I thought was heat rash, it was very itchy red and painful under my breasts. When the doc did the exam, she said something like, oh it looks like you have a bit us a yeast infection under here. My breasts are so large and heavy, that moisture gets trapped under there and makes a perfect breeding ground for yeast. It is funny..because I have never had an actual yeast infection, but I get them under my breasts.
  9. Guest

Guest Guest

Yeah.. My breasts have become much larger now with the pregnancy plus I wear a bra even at night now to try and keep them firm and steady. So they are constantly in touch with each other.
    That has result to a yeast infection between my breasts, not under them. Because as ladybuglnc says the moisture gets trapped between them. And yes, it is like a rash in my case. Tiny little red spots and they were itching as well.

I told my doctor and he gave me an antibacterian talk powder to put between them to keep the spot dry and it has helped a lot. I thought about trying a cream too if the powder didn't work but its much better now.
  10. mswitt

mswitt New Member

I'll tell you what NOT to do: don't put deoderant under your breasts! My mom knew someone who did that, and the doctor yelled at her because it's been linked to breast cancer.
  11. Bklyngirl

Bklyngirl New Member

mswitt - what exactly did the doctor say? I never heard that before.

I plan on asking my doctor tomorrow and see what he says.
  12. Mulan05

Mulan05 New Member

mswitt - I have actually heard that before too. It's one specific ingredient in certain kinds that can cause it... just wish I could remember what it was lol.

Changed my mind... I think it was aluminum in it that I heard about that caused some other problem.
  13. mswitt

mswitt New Member

I also think it's the aluminum. That's one of the reasons why you're not supposed to use deoderant if you have any cuts or rashes in your armpits. My ex made a big deal about not using deoderant with aluminum because of all the health problems that happen as it accumulates in your body over the years. I have no idea what the doctor specifically said because it was another person's story that I heard through my mom.
  14. SillyGirl79

SillyGirl79 New Member

15. Bklyngirl

Bklyngirl New Member

Ok, my doctor first said I was creative for doing it (lol), then said it was fine, but I should use some cream he prescribed if it comes back.

I tried googling some info about it and all I got was how you shouldn't use deodorant or any creams under your arms or anywhere near your breasts when you have a mammogram because the spots can mimic calcium deposits. That's it.

Maybe the person was getting a mammogram and misunderstood the doctor?
  16. mswitt

mswitt New Member

Nope, she was definitely a very large woman with very large breasts which sweated a lot. She casually mentioned to her doctor that she used deoderant, and he flipped his lid. I mean, if you want to, go ahead, but it is your health that you're risking, and it's widely accepted that there's some nasty stuff in deoderant.

17. MNM

MNM New Member

Ok im lost, what's this about deoderant and cancer?

I've honestly never heard of this at all, is this just concerning woman under their boobs or in general?

Which deoderants are suposed to cause this? I use the clear gels, and I cant find anything in their ingredients on the back that say aluminum product...

Im lost...
  18. curcuma

curcuma New Member

I think something is missing from the story about the large woman told not to use deoderant under her breasts. I would expect, then, that the doctor told his patient to never again use deoderants, and warned all his patients against deoderant, because it would be absurd to think that he/she was ok with it being used in the armpits, which is dangerously near the lymph nodes and broken skin, sweat ducts, etc.
  19. Temptress Tally

Temptress Tally Super Moderator Staff Member

Instead of using deoderant try using a little bit of organic/ virgin coconut oil under your arms. Its all natural and works just as good.
  20. Temptress Tally

Temptress Tally Super Moderator Staff Member